::85:: Asami vs Keyes

"At some point,

you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life."

-Unknown

"Demon slayer magic?" Asami repeated, after hearing Keys explain the type of magic that Silver possessed and how his match with Gray was going to be one sided. That's the name of the magic that was used to freeze the Village of the Sun.

Keyes chuckled, "Yes. An ironic skill to possess in an ally. He became one of the demon gates at the behest of the Underworld King in recognition of his might."

She dodged his curse attack and questioned him, "If he really does possess demon slayer magic, then why is he on Tartaros' side?" It made no sense that a demon slayer would work with a bunch of demons unless they were planning on betraying them.

"Perhaps our powers changed his mind? Or perhaps he plots against us from within? Regardless, I'm certain my king has his reasons for recruiting such a man."

Asami kept a stoic look on her face, trying to not let Keyes words affect her. That man had still taken her husband away from them to who knows where. And it worried her even more if Silver was really against them. She had to believe that her husband could handle his own against the ice demon slayer. And if that man had any connection to Gray, she hoped that there were was no i'll intent on his behalf.

"I have a question for you, water dragon slayer." Keyes said as he sent another curse attack at her using his magical barrier particles. "What is that you feel most? Losing the one you love surely. But what would hurt worse? To slowly earn his hatred or find yourself hurt to his indifference? Perhaps the least painful way to lose him would be through death."

"Shut up!" She snapped, her blue hardening, not letting Keyes taunting affect her. "Your words have no effect on me."

"Is that a fact?" He mused.

"Gray and I have been together for years! What he and I feel for each other is far from hatred! In fact, we're even married." She said, giving him a slight smug look. She didn't get why he talking about the possibility of Gray hating her."So you might as well save your breath."

"You're unaffected." He said, a smirk on his lips. "My, what a pleasant surprise." He attacked her once more and she tried blocking it. "I see it clearly. Soon enough your beloved will choose to make the same sacrifice that his master did."

Sacrifice? Is he referring to- Her blue eyes widened and clenched her fist. No! He wouldn't. He made me a promise that he wouldn't use that spell. She placed a hand over her heart as she tightened it into a fist. Please, Gray. Don't use iced shell.

But Keyes kept on talking and revealed to her who exactly Silver was to Gray.

❄💧❄💧

Silver held a smug look on his face as he approached Gray who lied on the ground struggling to get back up. "That putrid taste in your mouth? They call that despair. I'm the wolf and you're the lamb! Now you never had a chance boy!"

Gray slammed a fist on the ground in anger, "A chance or no. I will win! Cuz I have to! You're never gonna get near my friends!" He struggled to stand up but did it, feeling determined to win this fight.

"The human hearts a stupid thing. It hopes without reason. Ice can't hurt me. And everything here is covered in it." Silver said, a smug look on his face. "That means you lose."

"Not yet. There's still one spell that I can stop you with." Gray got into a familiar stance and crossed his arms. Silver's breath caught in his throat seeing the stance the younger ice wizard was in. "You might remember this one!"