::97:: Rescue Mission

"Family" isn't defined only by last names or by blood;

it's defined by commitment and by love.

It means showing up when they need it most.

It means having each other's backs.

It means choosing to love each other even on those days when you struggle to like each other.

It means never giving up on each other!"

-Dave Willis

The young woman stared at the destroyed shop, turning back to them wide eyes, "THE SHOPS IN RUINS! WHAT HAPPENED HERE?!"

"Oh, they went all boom! On it." Marin chuckled as he pointed at the Fairy Tail members.

Asami gave him an offended look. "Liar!"

"YOU DID THAT!" Natsu spat at him.

Gray looked annoyed as well. "THAT'S REALLY CHEAP OF YOU!"

Brandish sighed, "I was so looking forward to it." She began walking away. "I'm going home."

"WH...WAIT, LADY BRANDISH!" Marin exclaimed, surprised that she was just going to leave. "THESE GUYS PICKED A FIGHT WITH OUR SOLDIERS OUT OF NOWHERE!" She didn't seem all that interested in fighting them. "AND THERE MIGHT BE MORE OF THEM OUT THERE MEETING WITH SPIES!"

"I'm not interested." She sulked, she really wanted to eat a mango gelato. "Marin, give them back the girls you've passed..."

"Ehh!? But.. They were going to be part of my collection." He pouted. "And you said I could do whatever I wanted, Lady Brandish."

All of a sudden the ground began to move. Brandish glanced back at Marin, a hard look in her eyes. "Don't make me repeat myself again." Marin froze in fear.

What magic was that? Gray was tense as he stared at the woman warily.

"Yess!" He saluted to her. He released both Erza and Lucy.

Natsu immediately rushed up to them to make sure they were okay. Marin told them it wasn't a dangerous place that he had sent them. Erza had stiffened the moment she gazed at Brandish, able to feel how powerful she was.

Marin nervously shuffled over to Brandish, "Lady Brandish, our job is to capture the spy and their acquaintances that gone to look for him... And we can't go back empty handed or Master Wahrl will..."

"Ishgar wouldn't dare come to Alvarez even if we did let them go anyway." She said evenly.

"That's true but..." He licked his lips nervously. "Wouldn't it be terrible to tell them we couldn't find any? We'd be failures."

"Such things don't concern me." She continued to walk away only to be stopped by Natsu calling her out. She merely send him a side glance before flicking her hand and Marin disappeared. The five gasped in shock that she took out one of her own. "And now, we're one person down too. Does that make us even then?" She asked. "I'm sorry but, troublesome matters aren't my favorite."

Brandish seemed unaffected by the glares she was receiving or the judgment in their eyes. She sent them a small threat to not go any closer to Alakitasia.

"She's belittling us!" Erza's had a dark glare on her face feeling offended that their enemy isn't even affected by them.

"Makarov is alive." The group tensed at her words, she felt a flicker of amusement seeing the look on their faces. "But if you guys keep doing unnecessary things... Who knows what'll happen." She tilted her head slightly to get a better look at their expressions. "This is a warning. Don't come any closer."