"His name is Haru."

Gray saw the smile she directed at him and couldn't help but smile back.

Asami wasn't breathing anymore. The promises made... broken.

"For the last week all I could think about was how you got hurt and I wasn't there to help you. I was so confused on why I felt that way. But the more I thought about it.....I started to realize.... it was because I-I'm....." She felt her face starting to get warmer as she spoke. "I'm in love with you, Gray!"

"I'm in love with you too!" Gray said his voice thick with emotion and watched her surprised expression. He stepped closer to her, now standing less than a foot away as he cupped her cheeks. "I'm in love with you, Asami." He repeated softly and watched as her blue eyes filled themselves with relief and love.

He decided it was now or never and pulled her closer.

That was when she felt a pair of lips smashed into her own.

He didn't like the coldness coming from her body. She was supposed to feel warm.

"Will you marry me?"

"Of course I'll marry you."

His heart hurt when he saw the way the blood stained both their wedding rings and the broken clasp on the necklace she always wore. It fell open, revealing three pictures inside of the people she held closest to her heart. He shakily took it into his hands, staring at the smile he loved so dearly and that he would never get to it again.

"Because I know that no matter how many lives I'd get to live..." She yawned softly, "I'd fall in love with the same person each time."

Because she was gone.

"When the battle's over...." He trailed, trying to find the right words. "I want us to start a family."

He awaited her answer, gazing at her gently, he felt nervous about her answer. His own cheeks reddened when he heard her say, "Alright!" She smiled at him.

Never coming back.

"I love you, Gray Fullbuster."

And within moments he no longer felt that warmth that lingered because of her. He was filled with so much rage and hatred in that moment. There was no longer a bright light that he loved. She was gone and suddenly nothing matter but the boiling rage that ran through his veins.

There was nothing left for him.

Except for revenge.

In that moment, Gray was suddenly consumed by the darkness that he kept at bay because he knew that as long as he had Asami he wouldn't need it.

But, he didn't have her anymore.

The hatred consumed him as he walked away reluctantly from the love of his life and the sobbing Haru who wouldn't be enough to keep him from doing what he was about to do.

Invel continued to walk, still feeling put off by his plan failing. "Brandish was headed in this direction, as I recall..." He paused, feeling a shiver up his spine and turned his head back when he heard footsteps nearing. It was Gray Fullbuster who had an expression filled with malice. "This is... unprecedented! I cannot believe you still breathe!" He was shocked that the ice mage was still alive. "But one thing is crystal clear, you will not be able to fight at full strength with such grievous woun-"