Lost Trace

"Albus?" McGonagall stared around the headmasters office at the worried faces of Molly and Arthur Weasley, Remus Lupin and Dumbleore himself. Snape was also present but presented no emotion like always.

"Minerva..." Dumbledore beckoned her closer. "We have a problem..."

"Potter has disappeared..." Snape finished, quickly getting to the point. "Last night, left the blood wards then his trace was lost next to a muggle park..." Mcgonagalls face grew worried.

"What about the Dursley's?" Molly asked frantically. "Have you asked them what happened for him to leave?"

"Apparently he 'stormed out' in a rage with all his belongings except Hedwig who is missing also." Dumbledore pinched the bridge of his nose.

"What about Black..." Arthur placed a comforting hand on Molly's shoulder. "Any news where abouts he is? Does Harry even know there's a murderer on the loose?"

"Black was last sighted in Corby,  a quiet town. He's probably trying to stay low and not attract attention while he makes his way towards Potter." Snapes face looked hard and angry.

"If Harry has been taken by Black what are we to do Headmaster?" McGonagall asked the question they was all wondering.

"Hope we find them both before Black has the chance to harm Harry." Dumbledore replied.

"Does the ministry know yet Albus?" Molly managed to say.

"No but I shall be informing them, the more people that know, the better chance we have of finding him." Molly nodded and her and Arthur said their goodbyes, leaving through the fireplace. Snape didn't hang around either and left without a word. Remus stood quietly in thought.

"Remus, whatever you think, you cannot blame yourself again." Minerva comforted him with a hand on his shoulder.

"Albus, when will people begin searching for Harry?" Was all Remus replied with.

"In an hour myself and Minerva are heading to Godric's Hollow, Severus will be searching Hogsmead and the surrounded area and Molly and Arthur will be visiting other wizarding villages closest to Surrey..." Dumbledore said. "I would have assigned you but the full moon is only days away." Remus sighed in defeat and left for his office to resume setting up for the school year.

A week later there was still no sign of Harry yet reports had come in of sightings of Sirius Black in villages surrounding the mountains in mid-Wales. Dumbledore had sent Severus, McGonagall and Professor Sprout to look along side of the ministry's aurors. Hagrid had offered his help aswell and accompanied Flitwick to Diagon Ally and the Three Broomsticks. No sign.

Dumbledore, growing worried had took it upon himself to visit the homes of Ron and Hermione, requesting any information they could give, they happily agreed to let them read letters Harry had wrote when learning what had happened. Dumbledore assured them not to worry.

"Albus this cannot go on any longer. 3 weeks! The school year begins in less than a week and Potter is still missing!" McGonagall was worried, even more that she could see Dumbledore was worried which was never a good sign.

"Minerva I..." Dumbledore began.

"Albus, if I please... maybe Black has been letting himself be seen in these different areas to throw us off from his actual location..." Snape pushed forward this idea.

"I believe that to be true Severus... through all our searching I believe there is only one place we have not searched and we cannot..."

"Where Albus?" McGonagall asked.

"Blacks old home, the old order of the Phoenix headquarters, however I believe Black has reset the Fidelius charm. The only people who may find and enter is whomever he tells. I believe he is keeping Harry there, that I hope is why Harry's trace has been lost." Dumbledore looked defeat. Neither professor had anything to say and both left Dumbledore to his thoughts after a few moments in silence.