Chapter 15 - Killer

"So that's what happened." Seokjin uttered after Jimin explaining what happened. "Is this some kind of mental disorder?" Jungkook asks but no response; just shrugging. "So Jimin hallucinates a black killer." Taehyung said then Yoongi hits the back of his head. He suddenly felt like something he said was wrong. "Don't make it racist!" Yoongi spoke loudly. "You are racist!" Taehyung replies, seeing nothing wrong with his sentence. "Fine, a killer wearing dark clothes." Yoongi suddenly felt like they have to teach Taehyung some stuff. Just like what happened to his pronunciation about the saxophone in Grade 6. "Well yeah. He, or she, is a killer. I couldn't tell what the person's gender is since, the face is also wrapped with black cloth so I could only see their eyes. But then the knife, it looks so, new but then I've had a feeling that many souls were killed by it." Jimin explains what the killer looked like and this gave an enough explanation to make Seokjin have an idea for who it is. "I think I know who this person is." He says and everyone pays their attention to him. "Have you ever heard of the Killing Widow?" He asks and Hoseok snaps his fingers remembering who that was. "Oh! Isn't she that lady who's sons got taken away from her because of the people and her husband got killed for some strange reason but suspected that it was society's doing?" Seokjin points at Hoseok pointing out that he is correct. "Right. It turns out that her sons betrayed her and her sons hated their father a lot so even at their teenage years, they became a murderer and killed their own father." Seokjin explains. "Her love for her sons are gone and now she killed them. And because she doesn't trust society anymore, she thinks that she should kill children one by one because she thinks that every child is the same like her sons and those kids don't deserve to live."

"Jimin, did you see a killer when you were little?" Namjoon asks but receives a shrug as a reply. "I hardly remember anything in my past. But I will update all of you if I did remember something." He replied. "Well, it seems that, the killer usually pops up when he is alone. But he isn't alone right now. He has us." Hoseok says grabbing hold of Jimin's shoulder. Jimin smiled at him, hoping that he was right, hoping not to see the killer when he is around his friends.

"Well, to be honest, I did see this coming." Yoongi spoke and they turned to him in confusion. "What do you mean?" Seokjin asks. "During track and field. I said that I stayed up last night and it is true. I had a nightmare of Jimin seeing a killer." He said. "I wonder why it only happened to him." Taehyung mumbled. "Why? Do you want to have a nightmare like that? It was Jimin's point of view and it was quite scary since it felt real." He said. "No" Taehyung replied, facing the other direction. "I think I know why it only happened to him." Jimin said. They all then turned their attention to him. "Yoongi was there. I think that's why." He said. "I guess it's because he is the slowest." Jungkook uttered then Yoongi hit him on the shoulder. It didn't hurt that much according to Jungkook. "Come on hyung. I did say that you were fast." Yoongi then nods. "That's true."

"Well, since we don't have to do anything, let's play games." Hoseok brings out his Monopoly Deal Card Game out of his bag. "Oh! Monopoly!" Jungkook exclaimed bringing out the cards. "Ya! Let me help!" Taehyung took the cards and shuffled it. "Do you two ever grow up?" Yoongi asks the two of them and they shrug.

"Namjoon, this is the third time you've messed up your cards." Seokjin said, looking at his own cards on hand. "I didn't want to be called the 'God Of Destruction'." He complained. 'At least you didn't destroy the cards.' Yoongi said in his mind so that Namjoon doesn't destroy him which made him smile just thinking about that thought and making others question why he is smiling so randomly. It was now Jimin's turn, he is one step closer to victory. He just needs to steal a property from Taehyung, or get a whole set from either Hoseok or Jungkook. He grabbed two cards then looked at his main cards that could lead him to victory. '2 Deal Breakers, 1 Sly Deal, and 1 Just Say No.' He said to himself. He is now choosing who he should get from. He then places his Deal Breaker down then points at Hoseok. He then places a Just Say No. This made Hoseok relieved. "You will not steal my set!" He exclaimed. He placed another Deal Breaker and before he pointed at Jungkook, he already placed the Just Say No. Jimin placed down his Just Say No but Jungkook had another one so he placed down his. "Why do you have so many 'Just Say No's?" Jimin complains. "I call it luck hyung." He says smirking, looking back at his cards. Jimin had only one more useful card and he uses it. He places down a 'Sly Deal' and points at Taehyung's card. Taehyung's mouth gaped since he didn't have any Just Say No's and he couldn't do anything about it. Jimin takes one of Taehyung's properties and places it down on his and he threw his cards on the air since he won the game. He shouted a yes in happiness. "How long have we been playing?" Yoongi asks, placing his cards down. "Around 2 hours." Namjoon replied, fixing his. "So looking at this very piece of paper, Jungkook has the most wins followed by Jimin, then Seokjin, then Taehyung, then me, and Yoongi and Namjoon who are both last since, they didn't get any wins yet." Hoseok reads out. "We could tell why." Said Jimin then Yoongi and Namjoon said at the same time, "Shut up!"

It was now nighttime and they were asleep except for Jimin who couldn't sleep. It wasn't that he was afraid of the dark or anything but, he is scared about the killer. That, the killer could appear out of nowhere. At this dark place where the only sounds were snoring by Namjoon and sometimes Yoongi. He tugged his sky blue and white striped pajama shirt down since it was going up then he tugged his blanket towards him. He kept on scanning the room if the killer was there, hiding in the shadows or at the darkest corners. "Jimin-ah." Said a deep voice which frightened Jimin and it almost gave him a heart attack. "Ya Taehyung-ah! You scared me." He said softly in order to not wake the others up. "Ah, sorry but, I'm just concerned about you Jimin-ah." He said sincerely. Jimin didn't reply at this since he doesn't know what to say. "Jimin, is anything bothering you? Why aren't you sleeping yet?" He asks. Jimin looks down and sighs. "I'm just scared that the killer is here." Taehyung brushes Jimin's black hair back then he looks at him. "It's okay. We are here. Don't worry." Taehyung was able to make Jimin calm down. Jimin was glad to have a friend like him. "Now, let's sleep. We will be leaving tomorrow." Taehyung said tugging himself in before closing his eyes. Jimin just nods. "Night Jimin-ah." Taehyung whispered before closing his eyes, off to dreamland. "Night V." Jimin whispered back closing his eyes too.

Tomorrow, is the day when he leaves. It is the day when camp is over and, the day when he needs to talk to his dad.

Jimin was playing outside the wide streets, kicking his ball around. He accidentally kicked it into an alley so he ran after it. He went into the dark alley and grabbed his ball. It was dirty wet because of the ground and he couldn't see if there was a stain on it. Before he went back, he saw someone in black with a little child. It was his neighbor who was also his friend. What shocked him was that he was bleeding. A knife was held on the hand of the person in black. He was frozen that he couldn't even move. He watched the hand, rise up in the air. His neighbor was crying so much then the next thing that happened traumatized him. His neighbor was killed, stabbed on the chest. Jimin's legs were shaking nearly out of control; eyes widened in shock. The person in black turned around then he or she faced the direction of Jimin but they weren't able to see him because it was dark. Jimin then ran back to his home, scared. He looked at his ball and he saw blood. The blood of his neighbor.

"Another child went missing and was found dead in an alley. People say that it was the doing of the Killing Wi-" Jimin's mom then turned off the television. "Jimin, you are too young to watch these kinds of stuff." She says, carrying the laundry basket to the laundry room. Jimin remained silent, still traumatized from the experience. It was his first time, to see someone get killed in front of his eyes. 7 years old Jimin, saw someone kill a person he knew.

He was now alone, in the living room, one light was on and the atmosphere was pretty moody. He looked around then, he saw the door open from the bathroom and the person in black came out. It was the same person that killed his neighbor. His eyes widened in fear. "Mom!" He shouted his hands were trembling and he stepped back as that person came closer. That person then started running at him and this made Jimin run out of his house, leaving the door open.

"Stay away from me!" He shouted. But the person kept on chasing him. Jimin was now crying because of fear as he ran to a bridge. The bridge had very low fences so it wasn't very secured. He then stopped at the middle. He turned around and he saw the knife at their hand. One odd thing that Jimin noticed is that the knife seemed, new. He stepped back and he fell backwards. He started crawling backwards as the person gets nearer and nearer. "Don't kill me please!" He pleaded. The person raised their hand up high with the knife then he closed his eyes. He thought it was his last moments until, "Jimin!" It was his mom. He opened his eyes and the person was gone. His mom approached him and once she held him, he was trembling. "Jimin, why did you run out?" His mom asked worriedly. "M-mom." He stuttered. "Th-the killer chased me." His mom started worrying even more. "Jimin dear, no one was chasing you. You were running like someone was chasing you." Jimin's eyes widened in disbelief. "I think you are hallucinating." Jimin raises an eyebrow not knowing what it meant. "What is hallucinating?" He asks. His mom sighs before answering him. "Seeing things that don't exist." She explained. Jimin didn't know what to think about this. His mom helped him stand up and they started walking home. "Come on now." She said. Jimin was just looking down on the ground. A sound of a car horn honked and as Jimin's mom turned, she pulled Jimin away then she got hit by the side of the car; falling off the bridge. "Mom!" Jimin shouted. He the ran to the side of the bridge and he watched as his mom falls down to the water. "Mom!" He shouted again. He tried to reach his hand towards her but it was no use. He then ran down to the water and on his way, he tripped and fell and he bumped his head. "Jimin!" A distant male voice was heard before he passed out.