Voices

My house is full of voices that do not belong to anyone living. When I'm alone, I hear faint whispers and voices. My mom tells me many stories of things that happen to her. This is one of them.

My mom sleeps with her bedroom door open sometimes in case my dog wants to go to the living room. One night, about three years ago, the house was silent except for some faint whispers in the corner of the living room. According to my mom, she was being kept awake by whispers.

The whispers were very faint, but clear. My mom said they were in the corner of the living room by the desk we used to have. She said she tried to hear what they were saying, but she wasn't able to understand the words.

The next day, my mom called our neighbor to see if he was talking outside with his girlfriend since she was over most of the time, but he said that she wasn't with him that night. She asked if he was outside at all, but he said he was in his house the whole time. In my neighborhood, nobody really stayed out after dark because it wasn't safe, so she douted it could have been anyone else.

She remembered that when my grandparents were alive, they used to get up early before anyone else in the house and sit in the kitchen, talking about bills or random things. It could have been them talking. Now that I'm older, I hear the voices, but I know that they are most likely my grandparents, so I don't worry about them.