Ghost Girl in the Road

It was the Summer of 2011 when I saw something terrifying and heart-stopping that I will never forget. My mom, aunt, one of my neighbors, and myself were going to my cousin's house all the way in the middle of nowhere. We'd gotten a late start, and the ride was long and dreary. The house was five hours from where I live, and it was nearing nine at night. I sat in the backseat with my aunt, strapped in tight and ready to get to the house. I was ten at the time, and anything paranormal was cool. But frightening when I saw it with my own eyes.
We were only ten minutes from the house and we were driving down this long, lonely road with no cars and no lights. The only light that was guiding us was the headlights of our car. There were these canyon-like walls on the sides of the road up high, since we were in the mountains.
As we were driving down the road, my mom hit the brakes all of a sudden, and we all jerked forward. I was stunned and looked through the windshield to see why she stopped. I thought we'd hit an animal or something. We were in the mountains, after all. But what I saw was not an animal, nor a human.
In the middle of the road stood a girl, hair messy. My mom tried to tell her to get out of the road so she wouldn't hit her, but the girl wouldn't even move. Then she looked up, and I nearly peed myself in fright. Her eyes were literally glowing bright. I was scared. It was like she was possessed. We didn't even know where she came from. It was like she just appeared out of nowhere.
Then she scampered away and disappeared into nothing when she got to the other side of the road.
I was shaking, and my mom just started driving again. By the time we got to the house, I was feeling better, knowing that the ghost couldn't get me. Then when we went to bed in the house that night, everything was dark and eerie and I was scared again.
But now no one remembers it. Just me.