The Fox and the Wolf

"Come on, Phil! Just this one time please! I swear it's the best feeling in the world! It's like you're in heaven!" 

"That's what you told me. I tried it. I did it once! Yeah, the high was absolutely mind blowing, but it was absolute hell when I came back down! It was hardly worth it at all! I tried it for you, Dan. I tried it to say I did it.

Why did you try so hard to bring me to my knees! You didn't care if I got hooked like you, you just wanted to have fun with me while we were young. That's not what friends do, is it? After that high, I felt more vulnerable and weak than I ever have before, and I hated it.

You told me that the weakness happened your first time too, but then it's only the good feelings from then on. That's what got you into this horrible circle of addiction.

Dan, let me tell you a story. Once there was a man who's name is Dan. Now, Dan got addicted to drugs and managed to OD himself into a coma. Now he's not waking up because he got way too close to that terrifying lady called Death. Sound familiar? It should! That's what you did, Daniel Howell! You aren't waking up!

After all, you can't run with the foxes and hunt with the wolves. You played with drugs and thought, like so many others, that you were safe, invincible. Nobody is ever safe, not the guy who did it once, or the guy who does it three times a day. We all get hurt.

So tell me the truth, when I asked you if you were addicted and you said no, why did you lie to me? I could have kept you from this.

I think I'm going crazy waiting for you to wake up and really live, to not be attached to that life support machine, to be able to eat and walk and talk. I don't know how I stayed sane all this time.

The doctors say that with the amount of drugs in your system, it's a miracle that you're still alive, even like this. You should have died! Does that mean anything to you, or is life so worthless that you would gladly end yours! I hate you for that.

You'll never guess what I've been getting with you like this. Panic attacks, like we used to joke about. Oh, the irony is killing me.

Now you see that hell that you escaped all those times is crashing all around us! It never went away, it just built up till it was an inescapable force! Our lives are screwed up, would't you agree?

Please Dan. Wake up and revive me from this absolute hell that we are living. Please.