Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

Chapter 3

Serena Mclane's P. O. V

My phone vigorously vibrating in my hand alerts me to the fact that my peace has very quickly come to an end.

I sigh out loud as I lean my head back against the worn out handle of the swings, gazing at the slightly darkening sky.

Time always seems to pass quick here though I still can't believe I've spent several hours out here.

It's funny how every time I walk out of the house to get some peace and quite, they think I've gone somewhere far that nobody knows about.

I'd love to see their faces that all along I've actually just been behind the shed–on the swing sets– in our garden.

It's actually sad to be honest.

They never even bother to look for me when I go missing for hours on end. What's even more pathetic is that I always want my father to come after me. After all the countless arguments, I always run away to here, hoping my father would come out, chasing after me.

But I guess that sort of stuff only happens in movies.

I wonder if my father even comes here anymore.

Probably not.

I let out a groan as my phone starts vibrating once more.

Signaling that this time, I actually will have to leave my little sanctuary. Getting up from the–nearly to small– swing seat, I straighten out my clothes and brush my hair away from my face. Trying to do whatever I can to make me seem less of a mess.

I walk the short distance from my garden to the house and enter in through the backdoor.

Walking into the living room, I stop as my father stands there, all dressed up in a suit.

"Don't be late next time and answer your phone. Get dressed we're leaving." Dad says tersely.

I robotically nod my head and turn to march up the stairs but instead I swivel back around and look at my father, who looks straight back with an eyebrow raised.

"I want to talk with you dad." I mutter as I glance at the tiled ground.

My father grunts in response.

I'll take that as yes then. Better than nothing right?

Mustering up the courage, I look my father dead in the eyes.

"I just want to know why? I need to understand why this is all necessary." I say.

By now, I'm grasping at straws. At anything that will help me to understand why this is all happening. All father had giving me, are vague barely one sentence answers.

I deserve more than that.

Especially if he's entrusting my entire future into some mans hands that I've never even met.

I don't know who or what this Damien even is.

"I have already told you Serena. I am your father and I know better especially in regards to your wellbeing and your future." He answers tersely, "I don't want to hear more remarks from you regarding this occasion am I clear?" He further asks.

I nod my head and quickly turn to leave.

The feeling of hopelessness encompassing me once more.

However as soon as I take a step to leave, my father intentionally clears his throat.

Turning to face him, I see his eyebrow raised and a meaningful look on his face.

"Yes father, I understand. Can I leave to get ready now?" I ask in a low voice, my eyes directed to the floor.