"Did we get Riley?"

"No, we did not. Luke stopped you," Kyle sighed.

Derek reached up for his neck, frowning. That was why his body felt like hell. Luke had choked his aura to get him to stop. He knew Luke would never purposely try to kill him, unless he really had been that out of control.

"Derek, you took control of Wren's demon," Rachel stated.

Derek looked up at her confused. He was a mentalist, but stealing a Conjurer's demon and controlling their demon's mind was unheard of. Was his abilities really that strong? Ryder's eyes confirmed it. He knew the man wouldn't look so solemn unless Derek had been that terrifying.

"It was a level 3 demon, they aren't that hard to control," Derek countered.

"He summoned a higher order demon, Amon," Rachel replied, "he refused to fight you."

Derek smirked, impressed with himself. He had demons running in fear. Maybe blacking out wasn't so bad after all. Especially if he was able to cause so much damage to the army.

"Wipe that damn smirk off your face, you monster," Chelsea snapped.

"Chelsea, please don't," Kyle warned.

"No, he was going to murder all of those people!" Chelsea screamed.

"What did I do?" Derek whispered, clenching the sheets of the bed as he eyed his friends, a cold blank look on his face as he fought to remain emotionless.

"You were suffocating them using the own water in their bodies," Ryder stated.

Derek frowned, glancing down at his hands, slowly turning them over as he studied them, shocked that he really was a monster. Chelsea was right for once. Morgan was gone, and he had acted out his anger that she was gone because of it. Maybe, if he just disappeared to go with her, it would be better for them. If he truly was a monster, then he shouldn't risk his friend's safety staying around them.

*Derek struggled to push his way out of the bed. He was done being here. He didn't need to cause his friends anymore harm. "Derek, you are too weak, don't try to move," Rachel warned.

Derek shook his head, pushing her back.

"No, I have to go," he muttered as he tested his weight.

Everything felt dizzy, as he stumbled forward, knocking into Kyle. Kyle froze, sensing Derek's emotions. His eyes widened in shock as all of Derek's pain hit him at once.

"D-D-D-Derek," Kyle stuttered.

"Just don't," Derek grumbled as he shoved his friend out of the way taking shaky steps towards the exit.

"Running away? You always run away!" Chelsea screamed.

Derek clenched his fists, ignoring her shrieks as he continued to walk. She was right. He always ran away when upset. Like, now he was running. He was running far away where nobody would ever have to mess with him again. Rain began to fall indoors drenching them all as the pain inside of him continued to build.

"What the hell, he makes it rain indoors now too?" Rachel cried.

Ryder frowned, eying Kyle's pale face as the boy's eyes never left Derek. Kyle's eyes were beginning to well with tears, his hands trembling as he closed them in a fist, trying to prevent himself from crying.

"Kyle, what's wrong?" Ryder questioned. "What is he planning?"

"Move out of the way, Ryan," Derek snarled, calling the spell-master by the first name he loathed.