The walk || Chapter 2

"What we're you even thinking, trying to talk to me Allison?" Jess said with a sigh.

"I don't know." Was the only thing she could say.

She knows trying to get answers during the test, was a high chance of them getting caught in the beginning. She glances up at the orangish sky, as night time was soon to fall.

"It's getting late." She spoke aloud, for the silence that fell between them.

"Don't you think, I don't already know that? We we're sitting in his class for about two hours!" Jess exclaim.

"Okay and is there a problem with that?" She stops to look at her.

"Yes I believe so. I'm sick and tired of playing you're childish games Allison! I try to cover for you all the time, but you still manage to get us in trouble!" Jess says as her voice raises with each word.

"I'm sorry okay? I get that I might get us, or myself in trouble, but still can you just let it go for once!" She spoke back in sudden anger.

She felt the tension between them beginning to rise, and was not in any mood to argue.

"No, all you do is waste my time!"

"Well sorry to waste you're time." She turns and begins walking ahead of her.

"Hey wait up! You know that's not how I meant it!" Jess called out becoming frustrated.

She just ignored her, and continued walking straight forward. She didn't have time to deal with her friends rudeness.

"Allison..." Jess breathed out as she finally caught up with her. "I'm sorry for yelling, I was wrong to do that."

Silence.

She kept her head up high, to ensure to ignore her.

"Please don't ignore me. I just get tired of having detention. You already know that this was basically you're fault."

She looked down at the ground and sigh. "I know. And I'm sorry for getting you in trouble. I deserve to get yelled at." She said kicking, a stray rock out her way.

"No you don't. It was kinda fun being there with you. It's not everyday you get to spend, detention with your best friend. Am I right?" Jess mused.

She chuckled. "That's besides the point. Who would want to spend detention with their friend?"

"Me and probably others too."

She smiled. Even though they have small disagreements, at the end of the day they always work things out. It's what everyone do to get along. They walked and talk, until Jess pointed in a certain direction.

"Hey, wanna take a short cut?"

She looked in the direction she pointed. "In the woods you mean?"

"Yeah that. Come on." She started walking past her to go in the direction of the woods.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes now come on, me and some other friend of mine go through here all the time in getting home." She replied still walking away from there pervious way home.

"There could be wild animals." Allison says, with her feet still planted to the cemented side walk. There was no way she was gonna follow her.

She stared after her, as she walked further until the trees of the woods swallow her from sight.

"Jessica, get back here!" She shouted.

She waited for a reply, but none came. She started to get worried as minutes past. Just looking at the woods terrified her. She never liked going in them, for fear that anything could be in them, like mystical creatures. But she knows that be her imagination, imagining such horrors to scare her nearly half the death. With staring at the woods for about ten minutes, she made the bravest decision of her life.

She slowly approached, the woods as she walked at a slow pace. The nearest she got, the more she had seconds thoughts of doing such a thing. She came to a stop, as she looked at the wild trees in front of her. Only an inch would pull her into her worst fear.

"This isn't funny Jessica!" She shouted once more, in hope she would get an answer in return.
None came, which worried her. Taking a breath, she slowly entered the trees as it swallowed her own self from sight. She pushed trees out her way until she was in the clear.

"Jess, I'm not playing games we have to go."

She looked around her surroundings for any signs of her idiotic friend. She suddenly heard a snap of a branch and jumped. She quickly turned around, viewing her surroundings much more cautiously now. Her breathing suddenly started to speed up, due to the scared state she's in.

She then heard another snap of a branch, and was on the verge of running.

"Jess I swear-"

"Boo!" A voice said making her jump with fear.

She swung her arm ready to strike, when she saw who it was.

"Haha, you should have seen you're face!" Jess laughed with great pleasure shown on her face.

Allison quickly calmed her beating heart, and glared a her. "What the hell! I thought something happened to you!"

"Geez I'm sorry, I was only trying to lure you here to follow me." She spoke back like it wasn't a big of a deal.

"What's that have to do, in nearly scaring me almost half to death!" She spoke back with venom on her words. She never thought of her to scare her like that.

Jess looked at her with a look that could easily tell that she was in the wrong.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't want to walk back this way alone."

"You could have just asked. You already know that I have bad experiences with woods and stuff." She took a quick glance around as she said that.

"I know," Jess scratched the back of her head in an apologetic way. "So do you wanna at least give it a try?"

She gazed off into the sky, and saw as the sun was nearly down for the day. If this is a short cut then I might as well follow before night hits. She thought while staring off into the sky.

"Alright...but you better stay close to me. I don't like how these woods look." She says looking around once more.

"Of course, now come on." Jess says pulling her along.

"Not so fast okay!" She said trying to keep from falling over.

She just hope that she made the right decision in what she's doing.