Chapter 37

Ashton's P.O.V

It's been a week and I haven't seen Luke. He doesn't answer my calls nor my text messages. And no one answers the door to their house. And when I look through the lounge room window, I can see things gathering dust. And I never see Ms. Liz's car here.

I'm really worried. What if they moved away, just like that without taking anything? What if Luke doesn't want to be with me anymore? Ugh.

And it's only been a week, and my popularity has gone up. I've been to ten parties already, and five hang outs. And were going camping this Friday. I wanted Luke to come but he never answers me so I gave up.

My mum knows though.

She knows where he is, she knows where Liz is. And why they're there. But she won't tell me. She says it's going to break me. But I don't care I just want to see my Luke.

"Ashton! Hurry up!" My gym teacher yelled at me. I sped up my running until I was in front of everyone.

I've been working out a lot, and I have a six pack now, it's a great achievement. And now I'm more active, I've gained biceps, and muscles and it's a great feeling.

I also started eating well, healthy food wise though, other junk disgusts me. I can either have a little bit of junk food, or it'll make me sick.

My life is changing by the better may I say.

I hang out with more guys my age. Including my old friends who were there in the beginning- Liam, Calum, Michael, and Niall. Were all like the Fantastic Five.

If Luke were here we'd be the Fantastic Six.

"C'mon you can do it!" Mrs. Gump yelled at the girls who were trying to do push-ups. They weren't allowed to get away with the girl kind. The girls groaned and groaned until we could stop.

"Alright. Head to the showers" Gump announced annoyed. The girls whispered finallys and yes'. I chuckled and headed to the men's locker room. I took off my clothes and went straight into the shower.

Thirty minutes later, I come out to an empty room.

I sigh, and wrap a towel around my waist.

As I was changing, I felt someone else's presence in the room. I looked around and saw a blonde guy also changing. I shrugged and continued to apply my deodorant. From the corner of my eyes I could see him checking me out.

"Like what you see?" I grinned, still paying attention to myself.

"I might" You could practically hear the cheekiness in his voice.

"Are you new around here?" I asked finally looking at his face that I've never seen around here before.

"Yeah yeah. I just moved to Australia on Sunday"

"Oh cool where are you from?"

"South Africa"

"Oh yeah. Should've recognized the deep accent" I winked making him chuckle.

"So are you going camping today?"

"Oh sure am. Are you going to be there"

"Yes I will!"

"Well, see you around" He winked and left the locker room.

"Oh wait!" I shouted making him stop.

"Yes?"

"I didn't get your name. Sorry, I'm Ashton"

"It's alright" He smiled "I'm Caspar. Caspar Lee" And he proceeded to leave.

"Today is going to be interesting" I sighed to myself.

"Hey Ash! How was PE?" Michael asked.

"Rough. What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Why did you skip PE?"

"Do you really think I'm going to do physical education?" He said emphasizing physical.

"You're right. What's for lunch, emo"

"Uh I only have pizza. But I'm not sharing"

"Not even with me?" Calum pouted.

"No. Not even with you. It's pizza"

"Bastard"

"I try"

Calum rolled his eyes. Niam then joined us, with Liam's arm wrapped around Niall's shoulder, they sat in front of me.

Michael was making Calum giggle and laugh, as Calum said on Michaels lap.

I then realized that I miss Luke more than I should.

"Ash!" Caspar yelled as he came running to me.

"Yeah?" I asked squinting my eyes because of the sun.

"Are you going tonight?"

"I don't think I am" I said changing plans all of a sudden.

"Oh" He said sadly "Well I'm throwing a party this weekend and id like you to come"

"I'll be there" I smiled as I opened the door to my car, and left school property.

I couldn't help but wonder about Luke.

Where is he and why doesn't he answer my calls and texts.

Does he hate me? Or does he still love me? Why is he changing so much?

I decided i'd go to Luke's house and see if Liz was there. And as I pulled up in the driveway, I realized her car was here too. I took out the keys of my car and didn't even lock it as I ran towards the front door.

I knocked loudly, and she then opened her door.

She had big dark bags under her eyes.

"Liz?"

"Ashton? What are you doing here?"

"I want to see Luke"

"Luke isn't here at the moment-

"Luke isn't anywhere Liz! Where is he? Does he hate me?"

"I know I know" She sighed sadly. "He is somewhere safe right now, and no he doesn't hate you"

"What do you mean by safe?"

"Ashton... He doesn't want me telling anyone where he is"

"Liz. Please tell me. I won't tell anyone. I promise"

"Ashton..." She took a deep sigh. "Luke is in a mental hospital"

And that's when my world came crashing down.

-

Ajekskd I enjoy talking to you people.

Am I the only one who votes for stories and then all of a sudden those votes disappear? Like, I have to re-vote for the stories I vote for.

But, do you guys think Ashton might become self-centered because of all the attention he's getting?