Important Note

I would like to start by saying thank-you for clicking on my novel. This novel is quite literally my baby, and it makes me ecstatic that my baby is starting to grow an audience. However, with this new audience coming I feel the need to make some things clear.

     1. This novel can be very triggering. Heather, my main character, suffers with an eating disorder know as anorexia. The official definition of Anorexia Nervosa is as follows, a serious disorder in eating behavior of young women in their teens and early twenties that is characterized especially by a pathological fear of weight gain leading to faulty eating patterns, malnutrition, and usually excessive weight loss. Although this definition explains some parts of this disorder, there are other parts of it that are incorrect. The scary part is that so many people in the world today do not understand what truly comes with anorexia. This disorder does not only affect young women, it can affect any gender and any age (Heather is a teenager, but this does not mean I'm supporting the fact that it is only young women). There is so many more reasons behind why someone can suffer from this disease so please do not believe it's only due to their want to lose weight. Anorexia has no specific cause, but some possible explanations are inheriting it from family members, the want to be in control, negative psychological, environmental, and social factors, and so many more that I can't even think of. Everyone suffering from anorexia has their own story. Also if I see one comment saying 'why doesn't she just eat?' or anything blaming Heather for her disorder then be prepared for me to blow up. You can not tell someone who has trained their brain to see food as the enemy and a symbol of failure to 'just eat'.
     I would like to apologize if anything I include in the novel about anorexia is incorrect. I spent days doing research on medical and proana websites, but I truly believe that someone who has not suffered from anorexia themself can not completely understand it. This novel was written over 4 years ago so things in the ana community have definitely changed since then. That being said, I now understand this disorder because I am dealing with it in my own life. You guys have no idea how long it has taken me to come to terms with the fact that I am sick, and I think this is the first time I have brought it up on such a public scale. I'm not going to go into depth with my own experiences because they are very personal, but I want anyone who is reading this and is suffering as well to know that I understand what it's like to look see 100 on the scale and cry because you need a 97 because triple digits is too much and you need your lucky number 7 to feel happy or pretending to feel nauseous so you don't have to eat dinner (and sometimes even use it as a purge excuse). You're not alone, and if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open. Now that I understand the subject of my novel deeper now, I would like to one day edit it to include things that I have learned from my own personal experiences. This leads to my next subject.

     2. This novel is going to be heavily edited in 2018. As I stated earlier, I wrote this novel over 4 years ago and it has been on wattpad since 2014 (I believe) so my writing has improved greatly in the years since I completed Fix You. There is also some parts of the story that I want to change or add to. When I begin editing I'm going to write more Heather and Harry moments that I think the novel is currently lacking. I will dive deeper into Heathers disorder (how it started, how it effects her, etc.). Something else I'm considering is changing this from a fan fiction to a normal romance novel. Doing that means Harry will no longer be the male protagonist's name in the story, but the personality already created for him will stay. I'm not 100% sure I will be doing this, but I am currently in the process of editing my other novel Memories Like These into a novel about Tristan Coleman rather than Niall Horan. My reasoning for wanting to do this is because some people on wattpad are very judgemental about fan fictions, and they refuse to read them despite the fact that my novel has nothing to do with Harry in One Direction. I want my novel to improve, and reach as many people as possible. Something else I'm definitely going to due during editing is remove all curse words so that I can further expand my audience. This editing will be taking place in 2018, after I am finished editing my to her novel. 

Thank you for reading all the way through this long authors note. If anything I wrote is unclear you can leave a comment, and I will most likely respond. Enjoy reading, and please be respectful of other readers.

-Kaitlynn ♡