NerdxJock: School Affairs

Hey guys! This one-shot was requested so I wrote it ASAP :) It's a bit long and stuff and the first thing I've written in like 2 months, so it might not be the best, but stay with me please haha. Let me know what you guys think!

~

His feet barely touched the cement halls of Moorewood High as he ran for his dignity. His heart was pumping in his ears as he looked behind him to see half of the varsity football team chasing him down out of pure instinct. His bumpy vision settled on the leader of the pack: Jace Bradway, quarterback extraordinair. All the more to keep up his pace. 

He made a sharp turn to his left, hoping to throw them off while he had the chance. Knowing all of them to be more than swell atheletes, he could never outrun them. Outsmart them? He had a chance there. He knew this school as he would a close relative. The football jocks, on the other hand, had no hope of finding Nathan if he really put his mind to fading away. 

And that's what he wanted in this moment. 

He took another sharp turn along with losing his brand new loafers his mom had just bought to match his school uniform. She would curse him later, he knew, but at least he would be there to hear it. If the pack caught him, there was no telling what torment they would lay on him. Or what Jace would do to him. 

He ducked into the under-used chemistry classroom on the 2nd floor, his mind a blur from all the running. Adrenaline filled is veins and he wondered if this was how a trapped rabbit felt. His breathing calmed, but his muscles still ached. He had never been a sporty fellow. Ever since his first day of kindergarten, Nathan had dedicated his time to academics and ways to better himself intellectually. He had achieved that goal, of course, but at what price? Having Jace Bradford chase him around an empty school with no where to go.

He could hear the sound of feet stomping through toward his location. They sounded like a stampede of bulls. He put a protective hand over his mouth to stop the involuntary whimpering that left it. He couldn't help it. He was scared. Anyone would be. 

He pushed up his favorite pair of metal-rimmed glasses, the fog from his breath making them translucent to the point he couldn't see. That's when he heard the stampede pass. The ground shook from where he was sitting in front of the closed chemistry door, several of the biquors threatening to fall over. Then it was still and silent, all except for the wild beating of Nathan's heart. 

Calm down he told himself They're go-

A small squeak left Nathan's lips as he began to fall backwards. There was nothing there to catch him. What had happened to the door? Nathan let his head settle and vision clear. His head had hit the ground pretty unexpectedly hard. 

And there stood Jace Bradford, looking down at Nathan with worried eyes, but all Nathan could see was fear. He had been caught. 

Jace released his grip on the door handle and reached towards Nathan. "Are you alright?" He lifted Nathan head in his hand, cradling the victim's back with the other. He could feel Nathan trembling. 

Nathan just lay there, shock and awe on his face. Was he hallucinating? Did he hit his head that hard? He couldn't help but think that this was all a dream. Jace Bradford, being nice?!

"I-I am fine," he whispered, but he wasn't so sure.

"That's good. The school would bench me if they knew I hurt the Student Council President," Jace laughed. His grip got tighter on Nathan's back, a cunning smile revealing itself on his handsome features. "So you won't tell them, will you?" 

There he was. The real Jace Bradford. Manipulative and evil. 

Nathan jerked away and found himself out of those warm hands and back onto the cement floor. His face was beat red and flushed. He knew it. Jace was here to take revenge for the incident. Or was he?