She Gave My Passion Back To My Life

We broke the hug, and all I can see was her smiling face, with full of happiness. I turned to look at the audience, I mean my college students, and they all were clapping. I can see Sarla aunty also reached there, Ram uncle and Sarla aunty smiled widely and clapped for me. Once at that moment I felt, if my parents were alive, they also will be like this only, will be proud for me. It’s all because of her.

She took the mike from me, I wondered what she gonna talk now. But to all my surprise she introduced me as her closest friend ‘Abhishek’, even she mentioned me as ‘Abhi, The Rockstar’. My new tag. Everyone clapped thunderously when she gave me that tag. I never ever imagined that it will become my brand name in future. And we were supposed to get down of the stage, but she stopped, again she asked for the mike. The Audio helper gave the mike to her. She said last but not the least which left everyone with a mental slap.

She said ‘Don’t judge a Book by its Cover’ and looked me with a smile and winked. I am blessed to have her in my life.

Once again I fell in love with her. I am happy. And she was too happy. Ram uncle congratulated me for my singing. Sarla aunty blessed me to reach the height of success. I felt a tap on my shoulder. It’s Purab.
We excused Pragya, uncle and aunty, left the place.

Purab started the conversation that he gonna leave the college in few days after the exams, he requested me to take care of Pragya. I assured him that she is my responsibility. He reminded me about her birth and how uncle and aunty worried about her, that she shouldn’t get into any problem. She needs an emotional care always. Here again the same question rose, who was Purab for Pragya? What was the relationship between them? But I didn’t dare to ask him. With so much pleases, he left me, and I am here, felt my love for her few minutes before and I am questioning about their relationship. Leave everything to the time, it gives the answer for every question, or sometime some question can be left unanswered, that’s better.
The day ended with questions, and expectation of answers.

The days rolled faster, and its semester time, I found myself complicated with my studies and part time job. I found very less time to study. Pragya was there then what to worry for. She helped me in studying. We always studied together. Since I have past experience in studying the same subject, I understood everything soon. But man, she was indeed a professor. Semester started. Late night Pub job was sucking my energy nowadays, I slept very rare. I requested for a break until my semester gets over, but I didn’t get the permission for that. No other go, I completely depended on her for studies.

Only two exams were remaining for us, for Purab all the exams over. And he got a job at Delhi, in the Campus Drive and he will be leaving Mumbai in few days. Thankfully for the last two exams I got a break from my PUB job, she called me to her home for studying. We used to study together, always in college, either in early morning or late in the evening but I never went to her home for that.

I was in her home, in the living room. We were not studying anything, just a warm revise. Purab was also there. Me sitting on the left side of Pragya, Purab was right side. I saw Pragya was sliding her head on Purab’s shoulder, immediately Purab pushed her and laughed. She smirked. Purab got up from there and moved to the other sofa on the opposite side of us, where Ram uncle was sitting and checking some files.

I got back into studies, but Pragya asked me to turn the left side and sit. I did as she said, and questioned her. I waited for a reply, but I got the reply by her act. She rested her back on my back and said I'm the best as I never restrict her for anything. I shook my head in disbelief and dived into studying. After a while I felt her weight over me increased, also I can hear Ram uncle and Purab’s soft chuckle. I turned to them and gestured as ‘what’. Purab took out his mobile and clicked a snap of us and showed me. Unbelievable this girl was, she dozed off in my back, by keeping her book over her chest and legs over the side lamp table. She is a trickster. I slowly kept my books on the paper table near the sofa and took the small pillow on the sofa and made to rest her head on it.