nine

Flashback~~~

"You wouldn't understand Jiwoo. You're only six. He needs us though. He needs you." My mom said. Insu had done got to my mom and every other parent here, but us kids were smarter. We knew better, well most of us. There were a few who believed in Insu.

"I'm not going with him mommy!" I shouted running out the house. I ran to my secret hiding spot which was behind a old barn. As I ran and slid behind it I could hear my mom screaming my name. I covered my ears only for my mouth to get cover next. I was pulled into the barn as I watched the last little sunlight disappear from my sight.

"It's me Jiwoo." I looked behind me to see Kie. I wrapped my arms around him hugging him tight. My eyes still slightly watery were staining his shirt.

"Insu-Insu wants me to-" I was cut off by Kie.

"I know. That's why I'm getting you out of here. You, Pinky and few other kids who I trust. We're all leaving tonight. Just do whatever you mom says today and meet me back at the barn when you go to sleep tonight, Okay." Kie said. My smile grew bigger as I watched the truth in his eyes. Maybe a bunch of kids like ourselves could do nothing in the real world. But living in a cult...is like living in hell.

"Jiwoo!" I heard my mom shout once again.

"Kie, where would we go?" I asked.

"I don't know, but it's better then here. Go before your mom sees me again and gets angry. Like I said, just make her happy today and we'll leave." Kie said pushing me back out the barn.

Leaving this place. I'm all for it, but leaving my mom behind I can't do. My mom isn't evil like Insu, she's just being guided into the wrong path. I know my mom, before dad died she was normal. I was normal. I went to school, had friends, took ballet lessons, and even had a puppy. But when my dad was killed on his way home, my mom changed.

It was about three weeks after my dad died my mom met a man named Insu. I thought it was a little early for my mom to start dating but she seemed happy with him. And whatever was making my mom happy was making me happy. The only thing is my mom was dating a devil.

Insu Pak or really known as Insoo Pak was known as the leader of the second biggest but very serecrt cult Blue Midnight. And he was looking for new followers. With my mom being a lost and broken soul she followed Insu into his devilish words. My parents were never the biggest religious people of all, but I did believe in a God.

Someone who was always listening, always there for me. But my mom taught me that Insu was the real God and that she was his wife. Five months after moving in with Insu, my mom and him got married. I knew that Insu had more then one child but he had one son that followed him around like a lost puppy. His name was Lien and he was a creepy person. He was only two years older then me but knew things only an adult would.

He would always tell me things the adults did, like how they would touch each other there, and here. Or how the females bleed on their first time. Things I shouldn't know at that age. But even when I would tell him to stop, he would always tell me more and more. Until one time he showed me. I didn't know what was happening at first but then I saw it.

These two young kids, maybe early twenties were laying on a bed kissing. Lien made me sit there and watch until they started touch each other. Lien did it more then once, making me sit and watch. I thought my life was a living hell until Insu brought in more people. This batch including Pinky and Kie. Pinky was taken in by my mom and Insu because of her parent's death. And Kie was taken in by his father who had recently got a divorced.

After they arrived I started feeling a little better and had chances to escape away from Lien. Though my mom loved Pinky she hated me being with Kie. She said he was to much of the others. Or more like normal people. Kie was a lot like me, he knew our parents weren't evil...they were just guided at a wrong time because of their weakness.

I thought I would just grow up in the cult as an average normal girl, but around my sixth birthday I found out something I wasn't supposed to hear until I was seventeen.

That when I turn eighteen I would become Insu's new wife, and the real wife of Insu. My mom never was going to tell me that when she married Insu it wasn't because she loved him. But because Insu had placed the thought of me being the chosen and blessed one for Insu. I only told Kie and Pinky about it and after we knew it was time to leave.

And we did...