Holiday and a surprise

*Tom*
They had arrived at the private luxury island off Mexico's coast the same day at noon and now he waited for Raven, outside their hut on the terrace over the water.

It was made ready for a romantic dinner for two, and he was wearing dress pants, shirt and vest, but he had dropped the jacket, it was simply too hot.

He had to admit he was quite nervous, he had no idea what she would say to this, he was really hoping that he was not completely wrong here.

"You look extraordinarily beautiful my love." He said, smiling as she stepped out of the cabin, and he meant it, she was in a simple summer dress and her long black hair fell like silk down her back.. she had no make-up on and this was how he found her most beautiful.

She smiled at him and gave him a quick gentle kiss. "Thank you darling, you also look quite dashing".

He pulled her chair out for her and she sat down. "This place is amazing Tom, but I shudder to think of how much money you have had to pay".

"Don't worry about that love, just enjoy it." He said smiling and a waiter appeared with their first course.

The food was great, but he had to admit that he had a very hard time eating anything because of nervousness.

"Is there anything wrong Tom ? You hardly touched the food." She looked at him anxiously when they had finished eating.

He took a deep breath and stood up. "No, just a little nerves I think, there is something I want to ask you about."

"Oh, what is it ?" She looked a little nervous when he went over to her and when he took both her hands in his and kneeled down, she gasped low.

He was forced to breathe deeply before he could get the words out. "Raven, I love you more than I thought possible and I have loved you for as long as I can remember, I know I'll always love you, so I hope that you will do me the honor to be my wife."

*Raven*
She had known, that he probably wouldn't wait for years, she knew him well enough to know that, but this was nevertheless faster than expected.

She bit her lip, it was perhaps against reason, but she knew she loved him and she knew him as well as you could, as she looked into his gentle eyes, she could not help but nod and say. "Yes Tom, there is nothing I rather be."

He lit up in the most amazing smile and put the beautiful diamond ring on her finger before he stood up and kissed her warmly. "Thank you so much love".

"Oh and I really hope you're not one of those women who have planned their wedding since you were 5 years and everything has to be a certain way." He said with a small wry smile.

She shook her head slightly. "Not at all, you can just say if you have any preferences."

"Hmm what do you say, the beach, in the sunset, let's say in about an hour's time ?" He asks her.

Fuck he was serious, he not only proposed, he wanted to marry here and now. "But what about our family and friends?"

"Don't worry we are right here." Sarah and Ben emerged from the cottage, and Raven could not help but look at Tom with tears in her eyes and nod.

He smiled happily and Raven was dragged with Sarah to another cabin to get ready.