Coming to find her

1 week
*Ben*
Actually he was dead tired when they arrived in London saturday in the early evening, but Tom was desperate and demanded that they should go directly to Sarah's place in the hope that she knew where Raven was.

She looked quite puzzled when she opened the door and Tom almost pushed past her into the hall. Ben shrugged and kissed her softly. "Hi, honey, I missed you".

"I missed you too, but what's up with him ? And you weren't supposed to come home for another week ?" She closed the door behind him.

Ben rolled his eyes. "Yeah, but some crazy idiot has been running everyone on double time to finish today.. so thought I would surprise you.. but beware we have a desperate man here".

"Sarah where is she ? Where is Raven ?" Tom Got back out in the hallway and looked at them.

She sent Ben a knowing look and he nodded. "She's on a date Tom, I thought she had told you that".

"I mean where ? Did she say where they were going ?" He was obviously getting himself all worked up again, Ben had seriously never seen him like this before.

Sarah smiled crookedly and Ben thought she was pretty brave to tease Tom when he was in that mood. "Don't you think she'd told you if you should know".

"Sarah, now I'm only asking nicely this once, where has Raven gone with that guy ?" Tom spoke through clenched teeth. Ben had only seen his friend really angry a few times in all the years he had known him and it was absolutely not fun.

But Sarah wasn't intimidated despite the fact that Tom was more than a head taller than her and a good portion wider. "First, you do not hiss at me Hiddles and then you can give me one good reason why I should tell you".

"Sorry, it's not your fault I'm stressed, but please Sarah, I've got to prevent her from doing something stupid with that guy .. Because .. I love her, okay ?" Tom said to Ben's surprise.

Sarah smiled softly. "Now that wasn't that hard was it, if you had just admitted it to yourself and to her a long time ago, you wouldn't have had this problem would you ?"

"No, but do you even think there is a chance that she see me as anything other than a friend ?" Tom had asked Ben the same question over and over the last week, but he had seriously not dared answer as he didn't know.

Sarah smiled and grabbed her jacket. "I know she does, I've known since before I knew who you were, her eyes always lit up when she talks about you and she smiles in a very specific way, but I do not think she even knows it herself yet".

"Let's go and see if we can get her to realize it". Ben said, and opened the door.

*Raven*
She had almost just arrived at the bar with her date Chris. The date had gone well enough, but she was actually looking for an excuse to go home. It was just as if something was missing.

It was annoying, but she knew that she, once again, unconsciously comparing him to Tom, she always did that, for even if they were only friends, he appeared in her eyes as perfect and no one had yet been able to compare to him.

"Raven come her for a moment". Sarah was suddenly beside her and pulled her with her.

She looked puzzled at her friend and said. "Uh hello Sarah, excuse us for a moment Chris".

In the bathroom Sarah finally let go of her hand and looked at her. "Sorry I'm acting strange, but I just wanted to warn you.. Tom is here.. looking for you".

"What ? Why ? And why warn me ?" She looked puzzled at Sarah. Tom wasn't supposed to be home before next week.

Sarah sighed. "I probably shouldn't tell you, but he had the whole crew working day and night to finish today so he could get home and stop your date.. Raven he is in love with you".

"What ! No ! It was supposed to be no feelings involved, just casually". She clamped a hand over her mouth, it couldn't be right, could it ?

Sarah looked at her open-mouthed and wide-eyed. "Without feelings involved ? Tell me have you two ..?"

"Yes, okay, we agreed that it was easier when none of us wanted a relationship. We thought we knew each other well enough to be able to handle it". She looked at her feet.. blushing slightly.

Sarah shook her head. "Raven damn it, something like this can only go wrong.. According to Ben, he has been in love with you for a long time, but he has just only realized it now himself".

  She didn't know what to say or do.. could her best friend really be in love with her ? And what should she do about it ?