In Your Arms

Chapter 21
(12 hours before Rachel called Finn)
Rachel's pov:
I walked into the door with Kurt to see all the lights were off .

"What is Layla throwing a in the dark party?" He asked as we came in .

"I'm worried about her Kurt , ever since vacation she's been super sad and I just don't want anything bad to happen." I said .

"Has she said anything to you?" He asked me .

"Nothing really , but she doesn't smile anymore and that worries me ." I said .

"Why don't you go check on her and I'll start dinner ." He said .

I nodded and walked to her room and knocked on the door .

"Layla , its mom can I come in?" I asked her but no answer .

I opened the door to see she wasn't on her bed .

"Layla?" I said thinking she might be in her bathroom .

I walked over and the carpet was wet . My mind went into panic mode as I banged on her door finally able to bust it down . I opened the flooded bathroom to see Layla in a pool of her own blood .

"KURT!!!!!!" I screamed .

(12 hours later )
I sat in the hospital room with my unconscious daughter holding her hand looking at her wrist that was wrapped .

"Sweetie you should go home and get some rest ." Kurt said .

"No , I can't .... I can't leave her Kurt. Not like this." I said .

"Then why don't you call Finn ?" He said .

"He doesn't care ,  he walked away ." I said .

"I'm sure he does care though , just give him a call he needs to know ." He told me .

I nodded and he gave me the phone and I went out in the hall and dialed Finns number .

"Hello?" He said .
I immediately broke down in tears ,

"Finn?" I said crying .

"Rach, what's wrong?" He asked me immediately worried .

I struggled with my words ,

"It's Layla , she's in the hospital." I said crying through the phone .

He paused ,

"What happened?" He said worried .

"She tried to commit suicide ." I told him struggling with my words .
He paused for a moment and then in four words he said ,

"I'm on my way." And hung up .

( 4 hours later )
I sat in the hall way and the door opened and it was Finn . He ran to me and I ran into his arms and cried.

"Hey it's okay , I'm here , it's okay." He said holding me in his arms .

(15 minutes later)
Finns pov:
I sat in Layla's hospital room and watched her sleep .

"Hey." Rachel said in the door way.

"Hey." I said .

"I brought you some coffee." She said and brought it over to me .

"Thanks ." I said .

"I can't believe this is happening, if only I had known." She said .

"Hey , it's not your fault . If I had just supported her she wouldn't be like this. God damnit!" I yelled knocking over a cup . "I should've just told her I was okay with it when I had the chance now look at her . She's my daughter and I let her down , I should've told her I loved her , I should've told you I loved you when I had the chance ." I told her .

She looked at me and put her hand on my shoulder ,

"I shouldn't have left you , I should've told you about her the moment I knew maybe it would all be different." She said .

I looked at her and said ,

"We should get you home , you're sleep deprived and you haven't eaten yet." I said .

"I don't think I can." She said .

"Rachel Berry , not eat? Please , come on." I said and we got up and left the room .

(That night )
We went back to Rachel's apartment for a bit to get some sleep .

"Okay Rachel, I got the Chinese food ." I said coming in the door .

"Rach?" I said not seeing her .

I looked in her room and then I walked into Layla's to find Rachel scrubbing down the bloody bathtub trying to get it all clean .

"Rachel , you don't have to do that." I said .

"Yes I do , she's going to come home soon and I ...I need to be ready for her." She said crying .

I bent down and stopped her from cleaning . She looked at me and I took the sponge and put it down in the tub . I then gave her a big hug and said,

"Go eat I can do this." I told her .

"No, we can do it together." She said and gave me a sponge and we cleaned till the bathroom was spotless .

After that we got changed and went on the couch .

"I'm glad you still have some of my old shirts ." I said .

"When I got lonely at night during my first year in New York , I would put it on and smell it . It would make me feel like I was back home in your arms ." She told me .

"Well I'm here now ." I said .

She looked into my eyes and said,

"You don't have to leave for Lima right away right?" She asked me .

"No , I'll stay as long as you need me too." He told me .

"Good because right now I really just need you ." She said .

I nodded and she snuggled up to me and a put a blanket over us and said ,

"I'll be here." And I kissed her forehead and watched her fall asleep.