She's Your Daughter

Chapter 19
2 days later
Finns pov:
Tonight Layla and I are having father daughter time . Ever since I knew about her I just want to get to know her so I'm taking her to the board walk.

"So Layla, have a boyfriend?" I asked her .

"No." She said as we ate our ice cream .

"Oh cool I mean that's good you should focus on school. Speaking of which how's that going?" I asked her .

"Good actually , great I mean I do really great for myself ." She told me .

"Awesome." I told her.

There was a bit of tension and then she said ,

"Finn there's something I wanna tell you." She told me .

"Okay what's up kiddo?" I asked her as we leaned against the railing watching the sun go down .

"Well I'm not too sure how to say this I mean it's weird , especially since I don't know you that much but I feel like as my father you have the right to know." She told me.

"Alright I'm kind of worried now but go ahead ." I said .

She took a deep breath and looked at me and said ,

"The reason I don't have a boyfriend is because I have a girlfriend , I'm gay." She told me blankly .

I looked for a moment shocked and then said ,

"Oh." I said .

She looked down at me said ,

"Oh? Is that all you have to say?" She asked me .

"I don't know what you want me to say I mean I'm just in shock I guess I never really expected my kid to be gay." I said .

She looked at me upset and said ,

"Oh , okay , well I guess it's good my last names Berry." She said .

"No I didn't mean it like that I just never thought I would have a gay kid that wasn't really a plan." I said .

"Neither was having you as my father but here we are." She said coldly and ran off.

Rachel's pov:
I was in the hotel watching black and white movies when suddenly Layla barged in.

"I wanna go home!" She cried and ran into the bathroom.

"Layla , honey, what happened ?" I asked her but she didn't answer .

I put my shoes on and decided to go talk to Finn. I then walked to his room and knocked on the door only to find that he was walking down the hall.

"Hey what happened ? Why is Layla upset?" I asked him.

"Did you know our daughter was gay?" He asked me .

I was a bit shaken by the question,

"Of course I knew why what happened ? Did she tell you?" I asked him.

"Yeah she did but more importantly how could not tell me she was gay?" He asked me .

"She said she wanted to tell you herself I didn't think it be that big of a deal. I mean Kurt, Blaine , Brittney and Santana are gay and you never seemed to have a problem with them." I said .

"It's different." He said .

"How?" I asked him.

"Because god damnit Rachel it is my daughter. I've seen how mean kids can be I mean Kurt almost died because of bullying. I don't want anyone to try and hurt her that is why I'm scared because I want to protect her ." He told me .

I took a breath and said ,

"She doesn't need protection right now Finn, she needs love, she needs to know that her father is there for her. Yes , she is your daughter and I understand you want to protect her trust me I've been doing it for 16 years now . But she also needs love and support and you need to give that to her , because right now she doesn't feel that you love her and that is not okay with me ! As her mother it is my job to protect her too! My job and right now she is hurting so please just go to her and show her you love her still." I begged him.

He looked down and shook his head,

"I think I'm just going to go pack." He said and left .