You Never Could Hurt Me

Chapter 12
(2 days later)
Finns pov:
Today is my last day in New York and I plan to spend the day with Layla and Rachel. I walked to there flat and knocked on the door . The door opened and it was Rachel in her robe .

"It is way too early to be up dude." She said.

"I brought coffee." He said.

"Oh well than you shall pass." She said .

"Morning to you too." I said and walked in.

"Morning dad." Layla said coming down .

"Morning kiddo , did you go running?" I asked as she was in sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

"Yeah." She said.

"Really , wow I didn't know you were athletic." I said.

"Well it's a good way to get things done. Mom hates running I tried to take her once and she kind of almost died." She told me.

"Well your mom doesn't do sports." I said.

"He speaks the truth." Rachel said drinking her coffee.

"What's that like your eighth cup?" Layla asked her.

"Yeah ." Rachel said happily.

"So what's the plan for today?" Layla asked me.

"Well I figured you two could show me around the town and let me get the true New York experience." I said.

"Okay but first things first , a real New Yorker doesn't say the true New York experience . Oh and you might wanna leave all valuables here and keep your wallet in your front pocket people will pick pocket you in a second here in
Bushwick." Layla said.

"Thanks for the heads up."I said checking and making sure my wallet was still there.

(3 hours later)
We arrived back from a day in Manhattan and with a lot of bags .

"Okay I'm going to put these in my room. Thanks for taking me shopping dad." Layla said and went into her room.

Rachel looked at me and smirked.

"What?" I asked her.

"Nothing." She said.

"Oh please you always have something to say." I said.

"Okay it's just that I really appreciate you taking the time to spend with Layla." She told me.

"Well I wanna be there for her. After all I did miss 15  years of her life. I don't wanna miss anymore ." I said.

"I know but I just wanna make sure that this isn't something temporary I mean Layla she's never had anybody who she can confide in except for me and her best friend. I just wanna make sure you plan to stick around." Rachel said.

I looked at her and said,

"I do take it seriously Rachel and I know I haven't been there but I am now. And I intend to stay." I said.

"Good, because she wants you around and so do I." She told me.

I nodded and said,

"I'm sorry if I hurt you when you saw me last I want you to know I wasn't me."  I told her.

"I know, you could never hurt me though Finn and I'm glad you're here." She said .

"Me too. I should probably get going though my flight leaves at 3 and I don't want it to go without me." I said.

"Right." She said . "Layla your dads leaving! Come say goodbye." Rachel said.

Layla came out and gave me a hug,

"Thanks for everything dad ." She said.

"Oh you're welcome sweetie. If you ever need anything just call." I said.

"I will." She told me.

Rachel looked at me and I looked at her and she gave me a hug,

"Don't be a stranger okay Hudson." She said.

"That goes both ways Berry." I said.

"Be safe and call." She said.

"I will , and Layla keep your mom off the caffeine. She might go nuts." I joked.

"No promises." Rachel said and I left.

.....
Love Harry Potter ? Love Glee? Then check out my latest story , The Girl Who Lived , up now.
Xoxoxo,
Natalie .