Ch.29 Cause and Effect

Allison's POV

My phone is in silent mode the whole time I was in the cinema and in the auditorium. I groaned when I looked at my phone and found that I have ten messages from my dad and three from Missy. I forgot that I have an appointment with him together with our client.

Dad and Missy are sitting on the couch when I entered our room. Dad is glaring at me while Missy looked concerned.

"It's already late, where the hell did you go? Do you know that we've been looking for you for hours?" He said angrily.

"I watched a movie and fell asleep" I said unfazed by his anger. I calmly sat on the couch across from them afterwards.

"Don't give me that attitude Allison" he said sternly. I don't want to argue with him, I'm tired and I just wanna sleep.

"Are you still dating that Cassy look alike?!" I glared at him.

"Her name is Salt Hastings, and we broke up already. Good night" I corrected him sternly before standing up and went to my room. I don't want to talk to him and I don't care if he gets angry because I'm not in the mood to tolerate him.

Morning came and I rejoiced when our class ended earlier than usual. I already lost my interest to study, I just want to stroll around and loiter in the green house or on the rooftop, or any place that can ease my sadness and loneliness.

I got upset when I saw Henry waiting for me outside of our building. I'm not expecting him today because he didn't inform me beforehand. I sighed in annoyance as soon as I saw him with other students. I don't like him coming here but I guess I don't have a choice since I already accepted him.

"Allison" he said sweetly before kissing me on my lips. I don't like his kiss but I must pretend that I enjoy it. I forced myself to smile because everybody is watching. I became tensed when I noticed that Salt is watching. My heart skipped a beat upon the sight of her.

"Salt" she turned her attention to us when Missy called her.

"Missy, what's this all about?" she asked her frowning. Missy is about to respond when Henry interrupted. Great Henry of all people.

"Salt Hastings" he said smiling.

"What are you doing here?" Salt curtly said to him. I smiled because I like that attitude of her, if she doesn't like you, she'll make sure that you know it. I'm sure they will only fight and I don''t want to witness it. I know that she still cares for me and that's what hurts, knowing that she only cares but not love me anymore.

"I have to go Missy, Henry. Thanks for the flowers I'll see you after class" I suddenly said.

I noticed that she wants to say something to me but I ignored it and walked past her without looking back. I want to be alone and I don't like to talk to anyone right now. The weather is good today, it's the first time that the sun showed up, but the rooftop is surely still filled with snow so I can't loiter there.

I removed my uniform then wore my favorite baggy shirt, it's so long so I don't mind not wearing shorts, and only with my underwear. I walked to my room afterwards to lie down on my bed but my elbow bumped to the edge of my piano when I walked past it.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed in so much hurt.

"You stupid thing!" I cursed then kicked it.

I groaned again because of my stupidity. I closed my eyes after and smiled when the image of Salt's angry expression suddenly flashed on my mind.

Is she jealous?

"Can't be" I muttered before trying to fall asleep, but I can't.

I groaned in annoyance after a minute. My mind is filled with thoughts of everything that's been happening to me for the past few weeks. I sat up straight afterwards and scanned the room with my eyes to look for anything that can capture my interest.