|26| Jacket

Nicole

The next morning, I woke up to the sun shining brightly through the spaces between my window blinds and aiming right into my eyes. I groaned tiredly, sticking my face into the pillow and attempted to go back to sleep. I had the weirdest dream last night... An oddly pleasing one that I could hardly remember now that I was awake. The oddest part about it is that the things I did remember felt extremely realistic. The steamy kisses, the feel of his hands. I couldn't remember who it was I had been dreaming of but it also didn't matter since it was just an illusion but that didn't take away the fact that I didn't want to wake from it. Too bad, it's already too late, I couldn't fall back asleep and this hard pillow wasn't doing any good.

Wait...

I popped my head back up, noticing an unfamiliar scent. A scent that was not my pillow, a feel that was not my pillow. But it felt familiar... As soon as my vision settled in, I realized that I wasn't even laying my face on a pillow. Instead, I noticed that Jaden was in my bed and that the images from last night were most definitely not a dream.

The sun shined on half of his face, hugging around his stunning jawline while he slept. He was completely unbothered by its rays. I couldn't help but gaze at his shirtless body and notice that he had a few small, faded hickeys near his chest. I knew they were from me since he's laying right here but I don't remember doing that to him. I didn't remember it but I do remember how satisfied I felt. The images from last night were hazy to me. I remembered subtle things like the taste of his skin and some of the things he said at the pool which made me smile... Is it weird that I really wanted to cuddle with him right now?

Yes... Actually, that is very weird.

I sat up and stretched, suddenly feeling a breeze on my back.

Oh shit!

My first instinct was to cover my breasts and gasp, stopping myself from screaming but then I soon realized that I had a bikini top on which was more than a relief.

I leaned back against the headboard with a deep sigh. How did I let us go as far as coming to my bedroom...?

I slightly turned my head to look at him, my cheeks suddenly warming up at the sight of him.

"We... We can't do this now." The memory of those words came back clear to me.

What made him stop so suddenly?

Knowing Jaden, I thought he'd be the type to go all in considering how often he sleeps with women. Why did he hold back with me?

I groaned softly to myself as I recalled our conversation by the pool. The way he opened up to me about how he felt so connected to me, how he felt things for me that he's never experienced with other women, how he was willing to risk so much for me to trust in him... Then I realized, he actually does care about me...

I knew I had a lot to drink that night but even without the beer, I would've most likely let him in... Maybe, I would not have slept with him but I'd be willing to take a chance with him. He made me feel a way I'd never thought I'd ever feel. When he told me what was on his mind, I thought for a fact that he only said those things to get me to sleep with him. Like how he does with other girls. But there was a gleam in his eyes that told me something different. There was a way in which he spoke that revealed true emotions that told me this was real. That his feelings were deeper. So deep that I couldn't understand it myself.

I felt my skin tingle at the thought. The thought of the way he freely poured all of his emotions out before me. I've never seen him get so emotional about anything before. It caught me by surprise and he was holding nothing back from me. He truly wanted me to know how important this was to him, how his past actions matched his current feelings... And, maybe, I really did want to explore those feelings with him.