Chapter 1- The beautiful Garden

Lily P.O.V

It was a beautiful morning, the sunlight hit every corner of the backyard and at that time I was 10 years old. Me and my little sister were playing outside in our garden, amused by the interaction of our own game. Meanwhile, my brother was playing with his little wood toys. The sunrise was beautiful, as a child I could do nothing but want to capture it with my hands. But something inside my heart keep itching and telling me to get inside the house. But me being so stubborn decided against it, it didn’t looked like something bad was going on in the surroundings. When I turned around in my place, after been staring at the glowing sunset for a few minutes, I decided to speak up; "so what game do you guys want to play?"

The surprise that I had at that moment was surpassed by the biggest fear I had ever experienced.  

They were gone!

I thought it was all a joke and called them, but they didn’t answered.

Once, twice. Nothing…I lost within a dream that had no way out.

It was midnight, the moonlight keep its presence quiet and barely noticeable. I got up from my bed in panic and sweaty. I was completely covered with it, it was dripping from my face, my chin to my neck and down to my chest. I tried laying down and close my heavy eyelids again, but I couldn't go back to sleep.

In the end I got up from my bed, washed my face to get all the sweat off, and started to change into something warm and cozy.

I went down stairs and grab my keys from its usual place, I had to leave the house as soon as I could.  There was only bad memories upon the settlements of the house and unstoppable feelings

Since that day, in which I lost my little siblings, my life changed completely. When I told my mom it was quite disappointing, she was angry and slapped me across my face, rather than worry about the safety of my siblings. Instead she locked me in my room.

When my dad came from work he was also furious and told me; “How stupid could you be?”. That day, I not only lost my little brother and sister but lost something important to me: my whole family.

Years passed and my parents would always ignore me. I was left alone, by myself, in this world. The only thing that keeps me in this house, it’s the idea of finally finding my brother and sister; have a perfect family again. That's what I always thought.

Since my family owns a big amount of money we had to attend business dinners and gallant events, as always it's mandatory that all family members have to go, included me, and I just hated the idea of being present in those kind of things.

As I was closing the door behind me quietly, so nobody would hear me and suspect that I am not in my room, the cold and quiet breeze hit my face with a heavy impact.

The reason why I’m heading out in the cold and beautiful night is because a few days before, as it had happen today, I've started to have so many nightmares. Usually it’s all about a little boy and girl playing around; having fun in a garden full of red, white, and yellow roses. Flowers were blooming from the bottom of the ground, the sweet scent covering the whole horizon and a happy family laughing with each other.

Suddenly the scene would change into a heated fire surround the whole family, red blood splashing here and there, and smoke coming from everywhere. Dead bodies surrounding the area around, the once called, beautiful garden. It is almost like that time when I lost them.

The simple thought of it makes my body shiver. It is something that still hurts, and will always, until I find them.

I had to learn how to live with my new style of life. It was abrupt to change my life style at a young age and even more with the negligence of my parents. I work Mondays through Fridays in a restaurant called FAST AND GO. Most of the people in my school go there to hang out or do school work. I have to work in order to pay for all the things I need; parents don't give me money.

I don't really complain because I know how to take care of myself.

While I was walking through the lonely and cold streets of the town I saw all the posters of missing people and children in front of the library window. Since almost everybody goes there it became like a hangout spot, beside the beach and the restaurant. Everybody goes to the library at least twice a week.

In the town where I live is divided into two sections. One is where most of the crimes happen, because there is no police working there. The other sections is where you can be safe, but as everything, it costs more money Luckily for me, it's the place where I live. The school and the library is in the middle of both sections and it's the only safe place in the other side. It is no wonder they called the grave, since almost every single day someone dies or goes missing in that side of the town.