Chapter 26

Diego's POV

"Tell me it's not true!" The King shouted at me again. His bare chest heaved as he sucked in deep breaths of oxygen after destroying the table in the kitchen. Bits of broken wood lay scattered about my feet the once standing table lay broken in half on the floor from the force of his fists.

"Caspian," Jonah whispered from the doorway. His eyes were red from crying about the news of his son as he looked upon the mess in the kitchen. "Wha-what are you doing?" His eyes welled with tears again and a few spilt down his face. Caspian walked over the broken wood to his husband and took him in his arms. The couple embraced tightly and I knew the news of Atlas' departure had come as a shock. They never thought their little boy would go as far as he has.

"Mum?" Calder whispered from the door.

"Come here, darling." He said bringing Calder into the hug as well. Calder's much taller frame towering over Jonah. Merial emerged a second later and joined the group. I saw her mate standing behind them keeping out in the hallway as if not wanting to intrude on this family moment. I felt wrong standing here but what else could I do?

"We'll find him. We will bring him home and he'll know he is safe here. He didn't need to go off on his own, we can protect him!" Jonah spoke, kissing both him children on the cheek.

"We're a family and we stick together," Calder added with his arms around both his sister and his Mum.

"We always will." Merial nodded.

"We are going to find him," Caspian began, taking his husband's hand and twirling the rings around his fingers. "When I made a promise to your Mum, almost twenty years ago, I promised to be here for better or for worse. I am incredibly proud to have a family like this, a family so close and strong so we are going to search the ocean for Atlas and remind him that family sticks together, especially one as tight as ours."

---

Atlas' POV

We'd been swimming for hours. I had fallen asleep whilst swimming and started sinking to the seabed before Daz picked me up and carried me whilst I slept. I had just woken up and it was still night time. The ocean was dark and so was the sky above us. Only a few fish were around and the rest were predators looking for something to eat in the night.

"Daz?" I whispered tiredly.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. Daz looked exhausted and his muscles must be burning from carrying me for so long.

"We need to stop to rest so we can carry on in the morning," I told him seriously. watching the way his eyes drooped which were red and bloodshot. 

He was so tired even if he wouldn't admit it.

Daz only nodded and kept swimming. "Look out for a place to rest, we can't just sleep on the seabed we need some kind of cover." 

That was true, we were too exposed out here and sleeping out in the open was a death wish, something could easily eat us.

"Okay, I'm looking." 

Even though it was dark we could still see rocks and coral reefs and it wasn't long before a huge rock formation came into view. Daz stopped swimming and we looked up at it, blocking our path.

"Perfect, let's go," I said swimming out of Daz's arms and towards the rock that looked like it had a million resting places at the bottom of it.

"Wait..." Daz said staying put.

I looked back at him but he just stared at the rock.

"What?" I asked.

"I...I just thought I heard something from within." Daz swam forward and put his hand on the rock and the water around us bubbled and a low hum rang out through the water, a calm, peaceful hum that made me feel at ease.