Chapter 13

I awoke several times during the night. I was freezing but my body was shaky and hot. My head hurt and I tried to reach for my glass to drink from but it slipped out of my hand and smashed on the wooden flooring of my bedroom. Daddy came in to check what the noise was and was shocked at the state I was in.

"Oh baby you're burning hot." He had said covering me with blankets to make sure I wasn't shivering as violently as before he came in. "I'm going to get Dune to come and check you over."

"C-Can it wait?" I whispered my eyes drooping closed. "Daddy I'm tired."

"Alright darling, I'll get Dune to come out in the morning." Daddy said helping me lie down. He stayed with me whilst I slept to make sure if I woke up he'd be there to fetch me anything I needed. And that I was grateful for as I started to feel sick and ended up throwing up at around 5 o'clock in the morning.

---

Daz's POV

The whole tribe was talking about the drama with my father and the raid that was carried out on the underground last night. Some people tried to ask me what happened but as if I knew. My father doesn't trust me, he doesn't trust anyone.

The sound of footsteps crunching on dry leaves told me someone was about to pop out of the trees and of course, it was Beau. He looked very unhappy and brushed away at his eyes to rid the tears. As soon as he saw me his eyes widened and he spun back around and hurried off through the trees.

"Beau?" I called after him. I looked around but didn't see anyone so I followed after him. I jogged to keep up with him and after about 2 minutes of looking I found him sat on a rock with his head in his hands.

"Beau, are you okay?" I asked approaching him. He sniffled and wiped his eyes but didn't turn around or reply to me. I came over and sat down on the same rock but kept a little distance between us. "Have you and Roman been having problems?" Roman had told me his mate was Beau a while ago but I had heard from everyone what Roman had said to Beau, the Chiefs son, when they found out they were mates. It wasn't nice and I was surprised Roman would act like that. Beau and Roman have been having problems since they found out they were mates and it always ends with Beau running off upset. It didn't help that I had slept with Beau in the first place though.

"We are always having problems, why do you care anyway?" He snapped.

"Because I care about both of you. I don't like to see you upset, Beau." I replied honestly. He was a nice boy and reminded me of Atlas in a few ways. He had beautiful features, dark eyes and long black eyelashes, warm skin and dark wavy hair. He took after the Chief in many ways, but thankfully didn't inherit his aggressive nature.

"I wish Roman would say that to me." Beau scoffed. "Rather than having to hear him express his hate for me."

"Roman doesn't hate you."

"How do you know? You're hardly ever here anymore." Beau stood up and glanced at me quickly before looking away.  "Roman hates that I'm not a virgin."

And with that, he walked away. I wasn't going to chase after him as I'd end up getting dragged into their problems. How was I supposed to know he was a virgin? It was a one night thing during the festival of love. That's what you do on that night, have sex, make love whatever. You don't hold grudges the next day or even weeks after it happened. I sighed and stood up following the path Beau took to get back to my hut. I walked into a clearing and saw Chief ahead of me who was looking after Beau. I froze and tried to back away but he saw me and his eyes flashed with anger.