Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen- Baurindriel

I managed to sit up using one arm, letting the left one rest aimlessly at my side. "Izuk...Servius..." I muttered absentmindedly, "I don't think I'll be much help later on...I can't even...hold a bow...in this state." I tried to reach back and grab my bow off my back. This simple action, somwthing I was so used to, made me cry out in pain. Tears sprung to my eyes and I mumbled. "I'm sorry,  I'm so so sorry."

Servius gripped the bow, pulled it over my head, and pushed into my hand. "There. Try holding it and pulling back the string."

I stood up and took my stance, then pulled back the string. I shook my head. "Servius...it hurts too much. The strain is..."I dropped my bow onto the ground and let my arm go limp.  "I don't want to give up though...I hate that..."

Servius forced the bow back into my hand. "Then don't.  Try again. You can do it."

I pulled an arrow out of my quiver, and tried to shoot it, aiming at a tree approximately five feet away. The arrow went two inches and stuck into the ground. The three of  us stared at it, and the boughs of the tree shook with laughter. Or at least the wind made it look that way.

Servius sighed. "Wow...it didn't even...good job."

"I'm sorry, Servius and Izuk! I've let you down. We're going to fail and it will be my fault."

"This isn't your fault, stop apologizing, it's the most annoying part of this whole situation. I'm not mad at you, Baurindriel, your bow does a lot...four against three with Eliana's team...it  could be bad...All four of them were people that beat you up...People I hurt,   probably itching for revenge."

I smirked. "The she-man doesn't scare me, and if it means revenge, a fair fight, I'm sure as Hell not letting a cut on my arm get in my way! Eliana and her lackeys better not get too cocky, because this elf isn't backing down!"

"That was an inspiring, drastic change in spirit..."Izuk mumbled.

I touched Servius' arm softly, which he shrugged off. Nothing I hadn't expected. "Don't worry. We can do this! And don't hurt yourself."

He raised an eyebrow. "You need to learn to take your own advice. You're too concerned about everyone else to take care of yourself. Its concerning."

I smiled. "Well, I guess if you're concerned I should be fine."

"You never slow down...you're so...energetic. "

I jumped and pumped a fist into the air.  "Yeah-ow! Damn, forgot I hurt that arm"

Servius sighed "Sit down. Watching you is painful."

"Yes sir!" I saluted him and sat down between him and Izuk.

"Shut your mouth and preserve your energy for Eliana." Izuk told me.

"Okay." I smiled. My arm hurt, but I was determined not to let it show, to not let my teammates down. So I pasted a smile on my face and pretended everything was okay, even though I had so much anxiety, pain, and adrenaline it was practically stupid. Oh well, I was used to tolerance by now and this was a more important time than ever.