Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven - Baurindriel

"Baurindriel!!!" Someone ran towards me.

I spun around. "Yes? Oh. Scarlett. What?"

"Servius..." Scarlett panted.

My eyes widened. "What? Did he die?!"

Her face remained flat and emotionless. "Yes."

My eyes grew even wider and my voice came out shaky and panicked. "What? He's- dead? When? How? Why? GAHH!!!" I slammed my fist against the wall.

She cracked a smile and burst into laughter. "The look on your face....no, he's not dead. He woke up. I thought you didn't care."

"Shut up!" I yelled. "I just...I never said thank you, that's all."

"Or you like him."

I smacked her arm. "Or not! We're a flippin' team, that's it!"

She stared blankly. "Not convinced."

I glared. "I hate you, goodbye."

I darted down the hallway, ignoring the subtle pain in my tailbone. Once closer to the Medical Center, I slowed to a jog and turned into the doorway. Being as unobservant as always, I managed to run into something. Or someone.

"Here to see Serv?" He asked. Michael.

I backed up and nodded. "I heard he woke up."

"I figured you would come."

I was led down the shiny white corridor.  Medics were everywhere, running back in forth with vials of oddly colored liquids and sharp needles.

Michael opened Servius' door and I ran in. In the process,  I tripped over my own feet and onto my hands and knees. "Ow." I mumbled, feeling more than a little pathetic. Stupid clumsiness.

Servius looked amused. "Do you always get hurt? Your always running into things..."

"Yeah." I answered truthfully, pushing myself to my feet.

Michael laughed. "Just now she ran into me."

I blushed. "I can't help it. I'm not graceful like most elves..."

Michael smiled warmly. "That's okay. I'm going to give you two some time." With that said, he left the room.

Servius and I just looked at eachother for a moment. "I'm sorry. " We finally said at the same time.

I sighed deeply and sat down in the chair. My arm was okay now, so I didn't worry about that, but the wood pressed into my tailbone.  It hurt, like always,  but I'd gotten used to throughout the week. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I could start training now, but Headmaster Vaughn insists I need a few more days."

I rolled my eyes. "You're an idiot who pushed yourself too hard. You need the rest. Maybe you'll recover a few brain cells while you're at it. We're far behind on training...Michael is going to be our instructor, right?"

Servius smiled. "Yep."

I sighed again. "Listen...I need to thank you. I'm pretty sure they would have killed me if they could have had the chance...and as stupidly clichè as it   is...you saved me. Though don't you dare take this the wrong way! I still don't like you! I...tolerate your existence. "

His smile widened. "That's still better than you hating me."

I looked down at the floor, at my boots, anything but him. "I-I was the jerk, Servius. I'm sorry. It's just, I'm quick to judge and it taints my logic!"

"I was a jerk, too, Baurindriel. I also am sorry."

I looked back up. "I still don't like you."

"I never said you had to." Servius still had a smile on his face.

"I'm...I'm going to try and have your back! Because...well, because your former followers hate you now at my expense!"

"I thought you didn't like me."

I clenched my fists. "I don't!  We're a team now, so I can't let you be an idiot! It will...IT WILL DRAG US DOWN! So...conrtol your idioticness!"

He laughed. "Okay."

Please vote, comment, share etc. I need opinions, theories, anything! Tell me if you're reading, and if you are, tell EVERYONE about this book.

It will get interesting soon, ya know.

So tell me what you think!