Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine - Baurindriel

I visited Servius a few times throughout the week. Not that it was that huge of an event. He was in a coma, so I would just sit in the chair next to the bed and curl my knees into my chest and think. He was  stupid, really, for coming and saving me. He had already been hurt enough. He shouldn't have been running around or fighting that early after his injury, especially not for my sake, and for that I was not only grateful, but also confused.

As a result of the cornering, I had a broken arm and a fractured tailbone, but he was much worse off. Since half of our team was injured, we got pardoned from most the training, though Izuk and Scarlett still had to work hard, making me feel bad.

The group of seven avoided me for the most part. They still called me out by calling me names and said that once Servius got out of recovery,  he would pay, which for some reason made me madder than all the derogatory names and remarks directed towards me.

I sighed and glanced at Servius' limp, unmoving figure. I knew there'd still be tension between us even though he'd done pretty idiotic things for my sake. For me, emotions are always really fierce and long-lived, so the early formed hate wasn't going to dissipate right then, though it definitely had weakened.

I stood up and glanced at him one last time. Get better. And soon." I mumbled, then walked out the door and ran into someone tall and sturdy. I looked up. "Oh. Izuk. Hi."

"I thought you hated him." He responded.

I shrugged. "He sorta saved me...I owe him something...Are you here to see him?"

"Yeah. Scarlett and I decided to see him because are team members are prone to injury and once again we can't train."

"Not my fault." I muttered as I pused past them, my face tinted red.

"Hi Scarlett. " I said when I passed her.

"Hi. You feeling better?"

I nodded and walked out of the Medical Center.

In the hallway, the seven racist idiots were already awaiting my arrival.

"Hello Baurindriel.  What are you going to do without Servius to protect you?"

I shoved past them, keeping my head high. The girl stuck out a foot, which I proceeded to trip over.

"Damn you." I said, then got up and continued down the hall.

"What'd you say?" Her right hand man called after me.

I turned around. "Damn you." I repeated. "Damn you all." With those words finally said, I smirked didn't let anything get in my way for the rest of the day.