Awkward, but amazing

Ethan first drops Buck off at his house, then things got awkward. The truck was silent until we got to my house.

     "Uh, thanks for inviting me to the party tonight. I uh, had fun." I say.

     He sits there staring at his steering wheel. "Mmm Hmm."

     "Is everything okay?" I ask. "I'm sorry I kissed you, but you kind of told me to."

     "It's not that." He mumbles.

      "Then what is it? You can tell me." I said.

      "I just," He looks at me. A smile growing on his face. "I kind of want to kiss you again." He says.

     My heart started racing again.

     "May I?" He said. This was awkward...

     I nod. I probably have a dorky smile on my face.

     He scoots from the driver seat next to me. He puts his hand under my chin and draws me in for a sweet, passionate kiss. It was amazing! He kisses me again and again. How ironic. We hated each other last year, and here we are, in his truck, making out. I never would imagine this day would come.

     Eventually, I pull away and look at the clock. I giggle when I see that five minutes has passed. Passed way too quickly.

     He smiles at me. "You're good."

      "Mmm hmm." I couldn't stop smiling.

     "Goodnight." He says.

     "Night." I said and I get out of his truck.

     I go inside and go straight to my room. I spend the next half hour thinking about those kisses. Kissing him felt so good. So right. It was weird, I never had these feelings for someone before.

     I wake up with a smile on my face. I'm actually excited to go to school and see Ethan. I never thought I would say that in my life. I put tons of makeup on, like I always do, and I go downstairs.

     "Morning." My mom's voice made me jump. She's usually at work at this time.

     "Oh, hi mom." I say.

     "Who was that boy you were kissing last night?" She asks. I can feel my cheeks heat up. "Not that I mind. It seemed like you two were having a good time."

     "Um, that was Ethan." I say slowly.

     She looks up from the paper she was reading, and looks me right in the eyes. "Ethan? The Ethan you called the cops on for physically bullying you last year?"

     "Y-yeah..."

     She frowns.

     "Okay mom, he's not a bad person anymore. I guess he changed over the summer, he's a-" I stop talking. There is no way I can tell her he's a Christian after all he's done to me.

     "He's a what, Penelope?" She says.

     "A C-Christian..." I say quietly.

     She looks at the table, probably processing what I just said.

     "How are things going between you and Daniel?" I asked changing the subject.

     "Oh, things are going great. I'm still getting used to the praying before we eat, thing. But other than that, he hasn't pushed his religion on me like your father did. He's such as gentleman." She smiles.