Homecoming memories

Before I know it, homecoming is here! My mom bought me a beautiful dark purple dress, and some fancy shoes to match it.
I still haven't told my mom I got saved, I don't know how she would take it. Ever since my dad left, she has despised Christianity. I'm actually surprised that she's dating a pastor. Maybe she will change too?

Ethan drives up to my house right after his game. Sadly I couldn't go because it took a million years to get ready, but I bet he did amazing! He comes up to the door looking incredibly handsome in his tux. I open the door.

He smiles brightly. "Wow! Penelope, you look incredible." He hugs me.

"You look good yourself." I reply.

"Thanks..." He seems to get lost in his thoughts for a few seconds. "Uh, my mom is going to meet us there to take pictures."

"Okay, great!" I say. He takes my hand, and we leave.

Once we arrive at the location to take pictures, we meet up with Buck and his date, Jessica and her date, and James and his date. It sends a chill down my spine to think that me and Ethan are on a date.

Ethan's mom takes many pictures of us, including one of Ethan kissing me on the cheek...

Finally we arrive at the dance. Me and Ethan go straight to the dance floor. Now I'm used to the heavy metal bands where I can just head bang until I get a head ache. But I can sort of dance normally to. Ethan seemed to enjoy it. Or maybe he was just being nice? Who knows?

Finally a slow song started playing. My heart was racing like crazy. I never actually slow danced with anyone before.

"Are you okay?" He asked. He seemed just as awkward as I was. Although I'm pretty sure he has danced with many girls before. "We don't have to dance if you don't want to." He said.

"No." I reply quickly. "I, I just never slow danced before..." I look at the ground trying to avoid eye contact. I'm pretty sure my face is bright red.

"I can show you." He said. I look up at him and he has a soft smile on his face.

He steps closer.

Oh please don't let me have a heart attack!

He grabs my arms and places them around his neck. He gets even closer and puts his hands on my waist. His face is so close, I can smell his minty breath.

"Okay, step this way." He guides me to the slow beat of the song. I slightly look down to follow his feet. "Good." He smiles.

I finally get the hang of it, it's not as bad as I thought it was. We're slowly dancing to the music, so close to each other. I lay my head on his chest. I can hear his heart beat. I was slightly relieved to hear it was beating as fast as mine was. He's just as nervous as I am? Probably not.

After a few more slow dances he begins to drag me away.

"Let's go get some fresh air." He winks.

We go outside and it's freezing! He offers me his tuxedo jacket and I gladly accept it.

"Are you having fun?" He asks. I nod my head. He smiles shortly after. That smile that releases a thousand butterflies in my stomach. "Me too. I like dancing with you." He takes a breath. "Being close to you..."

"I like being close to you too. It's comforting." I say honestly.

He quickly grabs my hand and places it on his chest. I can feel his heart beating rapidly.

"This is what you do to me, Penelope." He says, his gaze not leaving mine. "You mean so much to me. I think God put your locker right next to mine for a reason." He continued.

"This has been the best school year I have ever had. And it's all thank to you. And to think, we were basically enemies last year." I said.

He chuckles. "It's crazy how the pages have turned huh?" He frowns and drops my hand. "I am so sorry, Penelope. I'm sorry for everything I did to you. Beating you up, bullying you with lies. I was a monster. I was so cocky and thought I was better than everyone else, and I was a spoilt brat! I never really thought about how I hurt you so deeply." He looks at me with soft eyes. He seems hurt.

I rest my hands on each side of his face. "Well now you fixed these broken pieces. All that is in the past now. You've changed for the better."

"I'm glad I did." He smiles. "Can I be honest with you?" He steps closer and tilts his head a bit.

"Shoot"

"The very first second I laid my eyes on you, I had a crush on you." He said. I find it hard to believe thinking about when he punched me in the face.

"What? No you didn't!" I playfully pushed him.

He chuckled. "It's true. Everyone was just talking bad stuff about you, so that's when I started picking on you. I did it just for a stupid popular kid reputation." He looks down. "I never would've known back then that I would be standing here with you. And I couldn't be happier." He looks at my lips for a split second than looks away.

"Are you going to kiss me or what?" Did I just say that out loud?

Shoot! Penelope you idiot!

"What?" His eyes grew wide.

"Uh, you keep getting closer to me and give me that look, so I thought you would just kiss me already!" I felt like kicking myself. Why am I saying this?

"Well do you want me to kiss you?" He said.

My face felt like it was on fire. "I-I wouldn't mind..."

To my surprise, he grabs me by my waist and pulls me closer to him. His face is just inches away.

"Your wish is my command." He whispers and takes my breath away by his kiss. He wraps his arms around me in a tight hug and kisses me good! So darn good! It only lasted for a short time, however. But I enjoyed it. Gosh I wish he was my boyfriend.

Why isn't he my boyfriend yet?

I guess it was time for one of those awkward after kisses, apparently. We just stood there staring at each other in silence. I felt myself blush.

"Does my lip rings bother you?" I joked to ease up the tension.

"Not one bit!" He grabs my chin and gives me another quick kiss. He smirks and then guides me back inside to dance.

It was truly an amazing night that ended to soon.