This is strange, very strange

I wake up the next morning and do my daily routine. I make sure to wear plenty of black items, just to see Ethan's reaction.

I exit my house and immediately rain hits my face. I curse at the clouds. My make up is probably ruined. I pull my hood over my head, and run towards the garage. I quickly notice that I'm an idiot and forgot to fill the tires on my bike.

Just my luck!

I start walking in the cold, wet rain.

About halfway to school, I notice a navy blue truck pull up besides me.

"Penny?" I hear the familiar voice. I turn and see Ethan poking his head out of the truck. "What are you doing? Get in here!" He yells.

"Uh no. That's okay. I'm fine." I said. I continue to walk, hoping that I don't get struck by lightning.

"Please get in here. You're going to get sick." He said.

"I, I don't want to ruin your seats." I stop and look at him.

"They're seats. Your way more important to me than stupid seats." He says.

My heart jumps. I finally give in and get in his truck. I look in the mirror once I get in. My makeup isn't bad, just a few streaks. I just wipe them off. The heater warms my cold fingers.

"Did you bring any extra clothes? You're soaked." He said.

I shake my head. I didn't even think about that.

"I have an extra hoodie in my locker at school. You can go ahead and borrow it since it's your style." He tells me.

I was about to say no, but I bite my tongue. "Thank you." I said.

Once we get to school, we rush to our lockers. He opens his and grabs his hoodie. He tosses it over to me. I go to the bathroom and change into it.

Oh gosh. It smells like him!

I couldn't help but inhale the smell every once in awhile. He just smells so good. Not to mention, the hoodie is big and comfortable.

Is this what having a boyfriend is like?

I wonder.

At lunch, I get my food and make my way towards my table. But as I approach, I notice someone else at the table. I'm tempted to go find another table, but I man up, go to the table and take a seat.

Ethan smiles at me. "Hey! This is Buck. Buck this is Penelope." Ethan says.

I look at the chocolate skinned boy. He doesn't look like a jock, I wonder how Ethan knows him.

Buck smiles at me, I return the smile. "So you're the famous Penelope Ethan was talking about all day yesterday." Buck said. I feel my face heat up.

"I've known Buck since pre school. We've been best buds ever since." Ethan said. "I know you were wondering cause Buck looks nothing like someone I would hang out with."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Bucks obvious offended face makes me giggle. "So what are you?" Buck looks at me.

I frown.

"Are you emo? Goth?" That comment got an elbow in the rib by Ethan. "Ow! What? I'm just curious." He said rubbing his side.

I shrug. "I'm just me." I catch Ethan smile out of the corner of my eye.

We continue eating our food. Ethan and Buck talk about the new video game that recently came out. I drown out the conversation by thinking about lyrics for my next song.