My hero

Work wasn't that bad today. Just one person that I wanted to spit in his food. I look at the clock, I have 5 minutes of my shift left. I carefully eye the bar across the street. Why do I always have to be the one to get the stuff?

Than a familiar voice pierces my ear. "Penny?" I turn around and see Ethan. His eyes were wide. He chuckles. "Penny?"

Kill me now.

"Uh, hi." I say quietly. My face was on fire. I can feel my heartbeat in my toes.

"So this is where you work" He said. I nod. "Nice." He looks at me from head to toe. My face feels like lava now.

"Stop staring." I barely got the words out.

"Sorry, you just look different. A good different of course. I like it. You look good." He rambles than smiles.

That dang smile!

I look at the clock again, my boss comes and gives me a check.

Ethan frowns. "Oh are you leaving? I was hoping we can talk more. Do you need a ride home?" He asks.

"No, I have some business to do around here." My eyes travel back to the bar.

"Okay, well, I will see you tomorrow at school." He says and waves at me, I leave.

I cautiously walk across the street to the bar. The place brings back very bad memories. Again, Blake has made me do disturbing things to get my moms stuff. He's a pervert and I hope he dies in a fire. Yes I have gotten the police involved, but of course they did nothing.

I take a breath and knock on the back door. Blakes head pops out.

"Ah, my favorite client." He winks. I throw the money at him.

"Just give me the stuff pervert!" I yell at him.

"Hey now, you know the price is bigger than that." He says in a deep seductive voice.

"Please don't." I almost started crying.

"Nah, I'll take it easy on ya. Just come in a have a few drinks." He holds the door wider for me to step in.

Barf! I hate that taste of alcohol. But as long as I'm not in his bed, I'll take it.

I go into the bar. I'm obviously under age, but no one seems to care. I take a seat on the bar stool and start drinking. The alcohol burns like fire. But if I don't drink, Blake will make me do worse things. I'm going to end up like my mom. Even though I hate alcohol, I find myself getting drunk often.

After a few drinks, okay maybe a few more after that, my throat feels like its on fire, my head is throbbing, I feel like I'm going throw up.

"Okay missy, you're dismissed." He hands my a note. "Give this to your mother and I will mail it to her later." He winks at me.

I stand up and almost fall down. I am so not steady on my feet. I manage to find my way out of the bar. I lean against the wall and throw up. I look up and see Ethan crossing the street.

"Don't you dare... judge me!" I yell.

"Penny, are you" He pauses. "Are you drunk?" He said.

"What do you sink?" I say. I lean against the wall holding my stomach.

He rubs the back of his neck, making him look extremely attractive. "Let me take you home." He said.

"No! I can't! My mom would... sue me if she saw me drink... drunk. Go. Save your shelf." I said.

"There is no way I'm leaving you here by yourself." He rubs his head. "I have a guest room at my house." He said.