James Potter and a little of Sirius Black ~Requested~

Requested by 

Sarah's P.O.V

"Well, isn't it ugly."

Ugly.

The same word repeated to me every day for the first 6 years of my life at Hogwarts. An ugly, know-it-all Slytherin child. That's what they called me. And by they, I mean the marauders.

They think they are so above everyone because they are in Gryffindor and almost everyone likes them. Well, I can't say that I once didn't like them. There was a time when Sirius Black was really nice to me and I thought we had a thing, but I found out it was all one giant dare and everyone in the group were in on it.

In my first year, before the sorting ceremony, I tried to make some friends. That didn't work out. The first thing everyone said was, "why are you so ugly?" And that hurt.

In my second year, I learnt I was really good in all of my classes, getting top marks on all class projects and exams. That's when everyone calling me a know-it-all. As well as the ugly child.

So whenever I had the chance I left. The school wasn't a home to me. No where near it.

However, during my 6th year, I started to gain feelings for one of the other students. I know that's probably not the best thing considering they are all mean to me. But he has this charm about him and I can't get him out of my head.

James Potter.

The one and only. Even though he was mean to me, well, he still is, I can't help myself. At least it's our last year, then I never have to deal with him again.

***Little Time Skip***

I looked in the mirror in the bathroom that's attached to my dorm (you have a dorm to yourself) and could only think of one thing. Ugly. The word is in my mind whenever I see my self in the mirror. Even when my mom and dad tell me I'm beautiful, I just can't believe them, even if I want to.

"Here goes another day." I whisper quietly to myself before grabbing my bag and books, that wouldn't fit into the bag, and head to my first lesson.

I arrived at class 5 minutes before and started getting everything I need out once I had arrived at my desk at the back. Once people started to arrive, I put my hair over my face, that was visible around my glasses.

No one took notice of me all lesson. That was normal. No one called me any names. Now that wasn't normal.

***Time Skip 2 weeks***

For two weeks now nobody has said anything mean to me. I have actually made some friends. Me! Friends! Unbelievable, right? But it happened. Yay!!

I was currently sitting in the library completing some homework for Defence Against The Dark Arts, when I heard some loud talking coming from the table not far from me.

Glancing over I see that it's none other then the marauders. Oh no. What if they see me? I put my hair up and you can see my face. This is bad - this is very bad. I know! Ignore them. Yeah I'll do that. Pretend they're not there. That should work.

"Dude, she's gone from nothing to an extra something. Sure, she's still a Slytherin and a know-it-all, but that body - damn!"

"Dude that's no way to talk about a girl. Even if you're right. You don't say that. Especially when they are in the same room as us."

"Just say, 'Hey Thames, I'm sorry I was mean to you for 6 years but I think your pretty damn hot so let's date.'"

Thames. That's my name. Wait! Are they talking about me?!

"Dude she probably heard you!"

"That was my aim. Now you have to go talk to her before I say anymore."

"You wouldn't."

"Hey, Tha-"

"Ok ok. I'm going."

James' P.O.V

I can not believe I am doing this. I have a bloody crush on the girl I called ugly for 6 years straight and now I'm going to talk to her. How could this get any worse?

"Hey, erm, Sarah, can I- ehh- sit with you?" I ask, well more like stutter.

She looks up and nods towards the chair opposite her. I take a seat and we sit in silence while I wait for her to finish her paragraph or whatever she was writing. During this time, I decided to observer her. The way her long, black hair curls at the end, those beautiful dark chocolate brown eyes and long eyelashes behind her glasses and the tiny freckles that are dotted over her cheeks and nose are so cute.

"What do you want to talk about James?" She asks breaking me out of my fanboy moment.

"Well actually, you probably heard what was going on over at our table-"

"You mean the conversation that you have feelings for a Slytherin you used to pick on who you once called ugly and now think they have a 'damn good body'? Yeah I heard that one." she says, making air quotation marks around 'damn good body'.

"Yeah-um-that one. I just wanted to say that none of that was meant in a bad way. And you know it's you, so-" I begin trailing off to see what her reaction would be. But all she does is lean forward wanting know the ending. "I know what I've done cannot be forgiven but if you give me a chance maybe we can be friends. Or I could take you to Hogsmeade and we could hang out."

"Like a date?" She tilts her head a little; like a puppy does and it was adorable.

Sarah's P.O.V

"Like a date?" I ask calmly, when on the inside I'm screaming like fan girls do when they see their favourite band or band member. A date with him? I never thought this would happen!

"Erm- well, if you wouldn't mind." He says rubbing the back of his neck. Why is he so cute?

"Sure, me, you, Saturday at 10am, courtyard. See you on our date." I say packing my things and leaving.

Once in my dorm, I do the girlist scream of my life.

"James Potter is taking me on a date!!"

A/n:I am so sorry this took so long but I will be posting more soon. So keep an eye out for that.