t r e i n t a i n u e v e

Start from the beginning

"I-" I was swimming in embarrassment, in pain, in my tears. I hadn't realized how far my sobs had gotten until I rubbed my cheek.

"Why don't you do me a favor Jimin, let's never see each other again." With that, he turned and left me alone with my uncontrollable tears. Why would you do that Jimin? You ruined everything.

**Jungkook's POV**

With tears in my eyes I ran. I ran until my legs burned with desire to stop, until my lungs themselves were begging me to slow down, to walk. I ended up at Taehyung's house, not wanting to confront my sister at the moment or anyone else for that matter. I wanted to talk with someone I trusted, someone I could tell everything without worry of judgement.

I knock on the door, wiping my tear stained face in case it was one of his parents who answered. But I knew they were probably asleep by now. I didn't even realize how late it was until I took in my surroundings. The door cracked open, revealing a sliver of Taehyung's sleepy face. Instantly I let my guard down and my eyes started watering again. He opens the door even wider and pulls me inside, bonking my head. "You idiot, why are you crying?" So much for no judgement.

"J-Jimin... he-" His face softens at my babble and pulls me in for a hug.

"So things didn't go well with him huh?"

I nod. "We fought- we..." I didn't want to continue but I knew I had to get it out or I might self destruct. He pulled me downstairs to the basement, where the cozy carpeting comforted my cold feet.

"Tell me everything." He sits patiently on the couch so I join him, crossing my legs.

"H-He was talking with Jin about something when I found him. I don't know why she was there but I didn't like it." Taehyung's lips creep up into a smirk that disappears as soon as he knows he's caught. "I stopped them from talking anymore and made Jin leave, even though she was really angry." I didn't want my sister to hate me... I love her too much for that. "Then Jimin and I started talking and we said- well... I said some harsh things and..." My eyes start to burn again, remembering the fight. My lips tingle as well, remembering the kiss. "I thought he might like me..." Taehyung looks confused but doesn't interrupt me. "He told me he went on those dates as a girl with me because he wanted to. Then I wondered if he liked me..."

"Well, that's good right? Don't you like him?"

"I-" It was all jumbled in my brain, the moments we spent together. I ignore his question, continuing. "We kissed."

"You what?" Taehyung shouts at me, holding onto my shoulders. "You kissed?!?"

My ears hurt from his yelling so I pushed him back onto his couch. "Well... he kissed me and I didn't... pull back that quickly." I could feel the butterflies in my stomach when my fingertips brush my lips.

"So you're dating now?" I shake my head, groaning.

"I-I pushed him away, wiping off my lips." I knew what I did was horrible, I didn't need Taehyung's facial expression to show me that. But again, he said nothing. "He said that he thought I liked him back and I said no, that I wasn't gay for him... and that... I wasn't trash like him." Hearing myself, I knew it was too much. But I was angry, with all the right to be. I wanted to reject him, hurt him like he did to me numerous times. Except things don't ever go as planned. I hurt myself when I saw his pained expression, the look of pure shock on his face when I called him trash. Taehyung yanks me out of my thoughts when he slaps me, in the face, hard.

"You fucking called one of my best friends trash? Because they were gay?" I couldn't believe I forgot he was gay himself. He spent so many afternoons with me when we were little because of the homophobic bullies in his neighborhood and now I'm calling all gays trash in front of him.

"I'm sorry Tae I-" He shakes his head standing up. "It was in the heat of the moment! I don't really feel that way!" His eyes were brimming with tears too, not bothering to hold them in.

"You're such a fucktard Jeon Jungkook."

"Tae..." He sighs, sitting back down on the couch with his arms and legs crossed.

"Was that all you said to him?"

I shake my head, looking down and twiddling my thumbs. "I told him that it would be better if we never see each other again..."

"Such a fucking idiot." His hand cards through his hair, his body dropping to the couch. He lays there with his arm over his head, motionless. "Why did you do that to yourself? To Jimin? You know you're this hurt because of how much you like him." My cheeks redden at what he said. Me like Jimin? "What, did you think that you could be that cruel and expect everything would be ok?"

"I just... wanted to hurt him, like he hurt me. But I ended up hurting myself..." He was still with his hand over his eyes, not saying anything. But the more I thought about it, the more I knew it was true. "He doesn't care about me." Taehyung removes his arm to glare at me. "I wasn't worth anything to him." He sits up, his eyes now daggers. And we all know, the worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren't worth the truth.

"Shut up Jungkook." His face was full of disgust, probably from the fact that I called gays trash. "You know you like him and that he likes you. Admit it."

"I-" I pull in my knees to my chest to hug them. My sobs were loud enough to wake his parents probably. Tae sits and listens, patting and smoothing the top of my head. I messed everything up, I hurt him to his very core and he doesn't even know the truth.

I like you Jimin.

So much.

**Jimin's POV**

"I'm going to fucking kill him." Hoseok's eyes were clouded with anger, a whole other side of him presented to me in the worst way possible.

"Hoseok don't. I deserve it. I deserve everything." He pulled me in closer and wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't you ever say that again Jimin! The only thing you deserve is happiness and true love."

"Ha." I couldn't help but laugh. It was a funny joke. "There's no such thing." His expression saddens. "For me anyways..."

"Don't say that either! I knew Jungkook was going to hurt you in some way, it was only a matter of time-"

"Hoseok, I hurt him. I know he said a bunch of things to me but I'm in the wrong here. I toyed with him and I know that must hurt. I just... hope he can forgive me." I snuggle deeper into Hobi, letting sadness take over. He pulls his blanket over us, warming up his bed.

"I-I guess." He had nothing to say so he kept rubbing my back and holding me tight. "I'm still going to kill him though."

I chuckle into his chest, feeling a little sleepy. "Shut up. We both know you won't." He doesn't say anything, just soothes me until I feel the sleep take me over with one last thought that lingered.

Please forgive me Jungkook.