t r e i n t a i n u e v e

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry I pretended to be a girl, I know you cared about... her." I couldn't look at him anymore, it was too embarrassing.

"I'm not talking about that." His tone deepens, his tears still trapped on his eyelids. "It was so much more than that."

I couldn't understand what he was talking about. Wasn't he upset about girl me? Confused, I continue. "I had to do it for dance. Ever since I was little I knew I wanted to dance, I'm so sorry I mixed you up in this."

"Jimin you never had to go on dates with me or be my friend. That was all you. What could you possibly gain from that? Did you just use me to get to Hoseok? Was that all I was?"

"No! I didn't even know about him, I swear!" I had no idea how to say what I wanted to without sounding selfish. "I... I went on those dates with you because..." My cheeks were burning now, showing him how I really felt. "I thought it was for you, so you wouldn't be rejected and then you would get over me... but you weren't. It turns out I wanted those dates for me." Even though he was still on the verge of tears, his own cheeks reddened. Out of embarrassment I'm sure. "I-I really enjoyed spending time with you even though it was selfish of me to lead you on like that." He stands still staring at me, his mouth opens and closes repeatedly as if he can't make up his mind. "Say something." I practically said I like you Jungkook. Please say something.

"What about after?" His voice was now quieter, less angry and more hurt. "Jimin, you made me your friend but you kept pushing me away. And now it turns out that you were hiding this from me the whole time? I thought we were better than this, closer than this."

"I was hurt... you kept choosing someone that didn't exist over me! Do you know how that feels?"

"What do you mean, choose her over you? I liked her a lot and you were my friend." The argument wasn't violent but I still felt each and every cut he made on me. "Now we aren't even that."

"N-no, Jungkook-" Even if he didn't like me back, I couldn't lose him forever.

"Save it Jimin. How can I trust anything you say?" His anger comes back, his legs stomp when he walks closer. "You lied to me everyday I knew you. Do I mean nothing to you?" He shouts at me, staring me down, our faces inches apart. "Do you know how much you hurt me? And to think that I really thought I might have l-" He stops himself, chuckling.

My eyes narrow at what he could have said. "Might have what?" His cheeks gain a little pink at the top but he turns away coughing. "Tell me." If he feels the same, I can save this. We can-

"Nothing. It's useless now anyways." Do it Jimin. Before he could turn away completely, I grab his wrist, pulling him back to face me. Do it now. His eyes were staring right back at me with... pain. I can't take it. My hands take control of his cheeks so he doesn't move away. "Jimi-" I cut him off with my lips, our teeth clashing through our lips. His soft lips. He remains stunned, not pushing me away but not giving in either. Instead of waiting for him, I lean my body closer, tilting my head to the side for better access. His fingertips settle on my waist, testing to see if he really wanted this. But his hands plant on my chest, pushing me away from him. "What the fuck Jimin?" Then he does the worst thing he could've possibly done. He wiped off his lips with the back of his sleeve in disgust. "Why the fuck would you do that?"

"I-" I had no idea how to answer. "I thought-"

"What? That I was gay for you? What the fuck?" He was more enraged than ever, practically spitting out his words. "I'm not trash like you."