Chapter 20

I stare at the white walls of the hospital room I'm in. I lost my powers. Huh, I guess this is what it's like to be fully human. Everything's different. I unhook the IV from my arm and place a band-aid on it. 

Getting up and out of the bed, I head toward one of the zeta beams, heading back to Richard's place. Grabbing my things, I head back to the zeta beam, heading towards the Bat Cave. And from there I sit in front of the bat computer. 

Hearing footsteps, I can tell it's the bats, it's heavy, but not as heavy as Richard's or as light as Alfred. Feeling the chair being turned the other way, I face him. "What do you want?"

"I want you to train me like a bat."

"Let's get started." 

Couple hours later

"How did I do?" I ask tiredly, trying to catch my breath.

"Better, work on using all of your senses, you don't have magic anymore so you can't rely on it," he says. "But otherwise, everything was nearly perfect, training is over, and thank you for helping with the patrol."

"No problem bats," I say. "Do you mind if I stay here, until I head back to the future?"

"Just don't break anything, Alfred will show you to your room."

~~~~

"Hey, babe, have you seen Elise anywhere?" Dick asks, trying to find his daughter.

"No, what has your magic freak disappeared?"

"Well, actually she can't be classified as a magic freak anymore, because of you two," Zatanna says, "just saying, of course." 

"Why aren't you worried about our daughter?" Dick asks.

"Because she's been with bats all day, honestly I thought you would have check zeta activity throughout the day." 

"Nightwing, Batman wants you," Tim says, interrupting their conversation. "Whoa, is it me or can the tension in here be cut with a knife?"

~~~

"I'm disappointed in you, Dick." Batman starts. "You and Barabra have risked the lives of other superheroes and with this one of them has fallen."

"She still alive, why would she be put in as fallen?"

"Because she told me, 'Without magic, I feel lost, it's always been in my life and now that it's not it's just weird.'" 

"How was I suppose to know that this would happen? It's not like I can tell the future."

"Has the team told you this was a bad idea?"

"Yes."

"There you go, you and Barabra should have thought this through. For now, the Justice League has decided to take this case away from the young justice team."