"Post's here," Hermione mumbled as she walked into the Great Hall for breakfast. She'd been avoiding since the incident with Malfoy.

    I looked up and saw hundreds of owls swooping into the room from the ceiling. Varying colors swirled around, finding the witch or wizard the letters, papers, and packages were addressed to.

    The newspaper dropped next to me. I put my hand on it, waiting for the inevitable red howler to appear. Harry laid his hand on top of mine and smiled.

    "RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY!" my mother's voice boomed. I closed my eyes in fright. "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO START A MUGGLE FIGHT! IF PROFESSOR McGONAGALL DIDN'T TALK ME OUT OF IT, I WOULD BE UP AT HOGWARTS NOW!"

    I took a deep breath thinking it was over.

    "DON'T DO IT AGAIN. EVER. EVEN IF SOMEONE PROVOKES YOU OR IS IN YOUR COMMON ROOM WHO SHOULDN'T BE, yes, Malfoy, I mean you."

    The paper ripped itself to shreds, leaving in utter embarrassment in front of the whole school.

    I turned towards Hermione. "I heard a rumor that you let someone in the Gryf-"

    Her hand clamped over mine. "Can we talk about that later? I don't want to get in trouble."

    I laughed maniacally. "Should've thought about that before you landed me in detention for who knows how long!"

"Fine!" Hermione grumbled. "If we have to talk about that now, we might as well head up to the common room and talk in your dorm."

I stood up from the table abruptly. "You better have a good reason."

Without my consent, my feet took me out of the Great Hall.

"Ron wait!" Harry called chasing after me, Hermione on his heels.

I walked faster and I didn't stop until I go to the portrait of the Fat Lady.

"Mimbulus Mimbletonia!" I barked.

"You kids have no manners these days," the painting grumbled as she opened up the hole.

I made my up to my bed and plopped down, waiting for the two to come join me. I knew shouldn't have yelled.

"Ron, I, uh, I have something I probably should tell you," Hermione said shyly.

"No kidding," I grumbled, sitting up so I could see her face.

Hermione sat down on Neville's bed as Harry sat on his. "So... over Christmas, I was the only fifth year except for... Dra-Malfoy. Malfoy stayed, too." I nodded. "He decided he didn't want to spend Christmas alone, so he invited me down to the Slytherin Common Room."

"Please tell me you said no!" I cried.

"Actually, I accepted. I had a great time," Hermione smiled. "Dra-Malfoy-"

Harry interrupted. "Just call him Draco, 'Mione.  It's fine."

"Okay," Hermione took a deep breath. "Draco brought food from... I actually don't know where the food was from, but that's not important. Ron... you remember the necklace I said Ginny gave me?" I nodded. "Well, that's actually from Draco. I told him my favorite colors when we went down to the lake for the mermaids and he remembered. Anyway, the day after Christmas I came down to the Great Hall for breakfast and sat with him. When I went to come back here, he kind of followed me and I let him in. Uh... we might have-"

"SOMEONE GET HELP! NOW!" Someone yelled from the common room.

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, wanting to get away from that conversation... and help someone else.

I saw Ginny laying on the ground, her red hair fanned around her head. She was gasping for breath, clearly unable to breath. Harry, who was behind me, ran up and kneeled beside her.

"Merlin, this is all my fault. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Ginny," he muttered.

My sister started coughing violently.

"It's fine, I got this!" Hermione came barreling down the stairs of the girls dormitory, wand in hand.

"Rennervate!" she called, her wand pointed at Ginny.

Immediately, Ginny stopped coughing and thrashing, but instead of waking up, like she should have, she lay limp, on the ground.

_________________________

A/N Thanks for reading! If you don't mind, vote, comment, and share. It means a lot.

I write when I feel motivated. I feel motivated when people support me.