Ron (Part 9)

A/N Hello, it's me again! Sorry, it's been a while.

I would like to thank @fandomprefect for giving me ideas for what's in this chapter and what will be coming up shortly.

Just out of curiosity, how old do you think I am based on my writing skills. (I just want to know so I can understand how I can improve)

Please check out my other stories!

Thanks for reading!

______________________________________

    "Ronald Weasley! I am very disappointed in you! You're a Prefect, nonetheless. I have no idea what you were thinking! Care to explain?" Professor McGonagall screeched.

    I was sitting in one of the chairs in her office across from her desk. The Professor was pacing the room and muttering under breath.

    "See... I'm kind of- I don't know how to put this. Oh right, a Slytherin was in our common room!" I yelled.

    Professor McGonagall shot me a hard look. "Don't you mouth me Weasley. I understand Mr. Malfoy was in the Gryffindor Common room, but as a Prefect, I'm sure there were plenty of better ways you could've handled the situation."

    I nodded. "I'm truly sorry, but he really should've known better than to prance into another house's common room demanding a student!"

    "And you should've known better than to start a Muggle fight with someone!"

    "Fair point," I mumbled.

    Professor McGonagall sat down across from me and folded her hands. "Unfortunately I'm  going to have to give you detention. A letter will be sent to your parents, and knowing your mum, you won't be let off easy." Awaiting a response, she took out a piece of parchment and a quill. After scribbling a few things on the paper, she said, "I'll see you tomorrow night at eight for your first detention! No excuses!"

    "Yes, ma'am," I said.

    "Now shoo!" she said, flicking her wrist. "I have other business to attend to."

    I hurried out the door and turned left to head back to the Gryffindor common room, only to see Malfoy leaning against the wall, a smirk on his face bruised face.

    "What kind of punishment did you get, Weasley?" he sneered. "I got off with only one detention for 'fighting fire with fire.'"

    "Shut up, Malfoy," I grumbled, wanting nothing more than to curse him into oblivion. "Why were you in the Gryffindor common room, in the first place, and how did you get in?"

Draco grinned. "I've been in there before."

I turned to punch him again, but Professor McGonagall came out of her office just in time.

"I sure hope you boys aren't making any trouble. I'd hate to have to take any more points away from either house after what's already been taken. I did take twenty from Slytherin for being in another house's common room and fifteen from Gryffindor for starting a fight."

Malfoy and I shook our heads with fear. The teacher walked away, leaving us alone.

"I thought you got off with a only a detention?" I smirked.

Draco looked infuriated, and I took that as my cue to walk away.

As I made my way through dimly lit hallways I thought about why Malfoy really was in the common room. He could have been there to see Hermione, but more likely he just wanted to cause trouble.