Ron (Part 4)

"Ron. Why do you have yourself locked up in here? I need you! How do you expect me to get through Divination?" Harry asked me.

    I was laying on my bed, beneath the covers. I hadn't left since the night of the party and that was almost two weeks ago.

    My opened half way. "What have you been doing with Hermione for the past few days?" I asked.

    "Going to class?" Harry said in return, but it came out like a question. "What else would we be doing?"

    I sighed. "I don't know... maybe snogging?"

    Harry looked at me like I was stupid. "Ron... Hermione is an amazing friend, but I don't want that with her. If I were to kiss anyone it would be... nevermind."

    I sat up quickly. "Don't you know why I've been in here?" I asked.

    Harry sat next to me on my bed, his arm around me. "Hermione and Neville won't say."

    "Okay..." I started, "It's kind of a long story."

    Harry looked me in the eye. "I'll sit here for months if that's how long it takes."

    "Do you remember the night two weeks ago when you had detention with Professor Umbridge for the first time?"

    "How could I not?" Harry said laughing a bit. "I have it permanently indented in my hand." After a pause. "Wasn't that the night we threw rocks at Draco?"

    "Yes," I said, thankful I didn't have to retell the whole story. "After you left for that, Hermione and I were alone. I told her I liked her. Remember when you said she might have liked another boy, but she liked me?"

    "Yeah..." Harry said.

    "Well... I wanted to ask her out before the other boy did. I wanted to be the one. I want to be the one."

    Tears dripped down my face.

    "So when I did," I said quietly, "she told me that she didn't like me anymore. That the spotlight of her heart only shone in one direction and it wasn't towards me."

    Harry hugged me all the way.

    I leaned into his shoulder and said, "I just ran, Harry. I ran back here. I wanted to be alone. I wanted to hide from my embarrassment. I couldn't bear being near her knowing she doesn't want to be with me. So I hid."

    I started to cry harder. Snot came running out of my nose.

    "Last a few nights after that, Neville got me up to go to a party in the common room," I continued, not caring what Harry thought of me, a fifteen year old boy crying onto his shoulder. "He said neither you or Hermione was there, so I decided I could go down. You really weren't down there, neither of you. I asked Neville if you said anything about where you were going. He said that you left together. I was so scared you two were kissing or dating or... Harry, I love her."

    Harry grimaced a little and hugged me closer. "It's okay Ron, I'm here," he said.

    I smiled. I actually smiled. We sat there like that, hugging for almost an hour, not speaking, when Neville came in.

    "Ron, Hermione wants to..." he said.

    He saw the two of us hugging and crying (Harry started to cry at some point as well) and backed up. As he left the room, Harry and I seperated.

    "Hey, I've noticed some pretty weird stuff while being cooped up in here," I said, grinning so wide.

    "Like what?" Harry asked, tears still pouring down his perfect face, leaving marks behind as a reminder of what I'd been through.

    "I saw Dean and Seamus kissing twice. Actually... More than that. Whenever they think I'm asleep, they come in here and... it's weird. I think they're a little more than friends."

    Harry laughed at that. "You think? It's a little weird, but you know what? I think they're cute together."

    "Yeah, they really are-" I started.

    "Ronald Bilius Weasley! Why have you locked yourself in your room for all this time? Just come out already!" Hermione yelled, barging into the room, ruining our happiness.

    Harry stood up and looked at me. I gave him a small pouting look as if to say I still need you here!

    "One could say I've been coping with a few things," I said. "Like rejection, depression, losing the love of my life."

    "Stop being so dramatic. I'm not dead. You're the one who's been gone the whole time. Any time you wanted to see me, you could've just walked over to the library."

    I shrugged and stood up. "Hermione, I'm a little done at this point. I'm a little bit tired of thinking of you."

    Harry gasped, "Ron!"

    "Fine!" I said ashamed. "I love you Hermione. I can't stand living in a world where you don't love me back. It's easier to just stay in my room. Eat. Sleep. What else does a teenage boy need?"

    Hermione looked me up and down. "From the looks of things a shower and exercise. You seem to have put on at least ten pounds since I last saw you."

    "Way to boost my self esteem, Hermione."

    Harry stood between us. "Stop fighting. I think maybe we need to talk about this like humans."

    "Easy for you to say, Harry. You haven't been friend zoned," I said with a vicious tone.

    "Yeah... that's what you think," he grumbled.

    "Oh, Harry! Spit it out already! There's no harm in it!" Hermione yelled.

    "Yeah, that worked out so well for you two!" Harry said and stormed out of the room.

    I sighed. "What's with him?"

    Hermione looked behind her shoulder. "I'd better let him explain that to you. It's not my place."

    With that, I was left alone... again.

___________________________________________

A/N

So... where do you think this is going to go?

Share this with anyone who you think might enjoy it (or don't, it's up to you)

Thanks for reading. Thanks for supporting. Thanks for everything.

I'm enjoying writing this so much! I hope you're enjoying the story, too.