Draco (Part 1)

I could feel Hermione looking at me. Her eyes were like the laser beams she was talking about the other day. Apparently Muggles read books with paneled pictures. Dialogue is drawn in, to make it seem like the characters are talking. Usually, the protagonists are super heroes. They'll have "powers" such as moving things with their minds, or in Hermione's case, making boys feel awkward by staring at them. Subtlety was never her strong suit.

"Malfoy, what will happen to a shrinking potion if you add a toad's head?" my potions teacher, Snape, asked.

I hadn't been paying attention to the lesson. My hands started to sweat. "I-I'm-" I started.

"If you add a toad's head to a shrinking potion, the mixture becomes too thick. When you would use the potion, it would cause the object to obtain warts and it would have a slimy texture." Hermione called from behind me.

Snape smiled. "Malfoy, is that correct?"

I wrung my hands under my desk. I hoped no one could tell. "Yes, sir."

"Good," he said frowning. "Granger, there was no need to call out, therefore Gryffindor will lose five points."

Ron Weasley, a tall, thin, red-headed boy, groaned. He leaned over to whisper to Hermione.

"Weasley!" Snape snapped. "You are not permitted to talk. If I catch you one more time, it's detention!"

"Yes, sir," he said, cautiously.

The lesson ended, Hermione looked at me five times during one potions lesson, not to mention saved me from embarrassment.

    As we were leaving the classroom, I stopped next to the her and said, "Granger! You didn't need to answer for me."

    Ron coughed. "I'll let you handle this one by yourself. Harry needs help cleaning up."

    "Okay," she said to him. As she turned back to me, she sighed. "Malfoy. I know you weren't paying attention. It's fine. I didn't want to hold the lesson up. I read about this in 'A Potion is Always A Potion' and I really am tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. It may do you well to stop daydream in class. I know Pansy Parkinson doesn't have buck teeth, but she isn't that pretty."

    I smiled. "You must be stupider than you let one if you think I was daydreaming about her."

    She flinched. "By the way, stupider isn't a word," she corrected me, as she flipped her curly hair subconsciously, and walked away.

    I felt the heat rising to my cheeks. I couldn't tell if it was from the conversation or being corrected on grammar, but I'm sure my face was three shades darker than Weasley's hair.

    As if on cue, he pointed at me, said something to Harry, and laughed.

    "Boys!" Snape barked. "If you find anything that funny in my class, whether it's during a lesson or after, you had better find another place to laugh about. I've had it up to here with nonsense, and you boys, along with Longbottom, exceed in it!"

    Potter and Weasley left the classroom with alarmed looks on their faces.

    "The last time I saw a look like that on your face was when your scar hurt, Potter." I laughed. "What did you do Weasel? Poke him so many times memories of his mommy and daddy popped into that small head of his? At least he has a few ounces of money, the little celebrity."

    Ron started towards me. "You blast-ended-"

    Harry grabbed Ron's arm and said, "Enough. Let's just go back to the common room. Maybe Fred and George can give us a good laugh."

    Harry started to drag Ron away. "Potter need to go cry now? Did your scar start hurting?"

    Ron attempted to release himself from Harry's grip, but failed.

"You need some ferocity lessons from the Mudblood, Weasel," I shouted behind them.