Draco (Part 7)

A/N Sorry for not posting in a while. I spent roughly two weeks making this chapter, and I think it's one of the best so far. I hope it makes up for the delay (with both content and length).

____________________________________________________________

Slowly, I walked up to the Great Hall. I kept my footsteps light. No one needed to know I was awake so early. Technically, we weren't allowed out of bed until seven A.M., and I'm sure Hermione would follow those rules.

    She follows every rule. It surprised me yesterday when she agreed to come, nonetheless how early. It's probably dawned on her now that if she doesn't follow a rule she'll be given detention, which isn't that big of a deal for me, because I've already had detention multiple times this month and it wouldn't make a big difference.

    The slower I walked, the more sure I was that Hermione either wouldn't be on time, or worse, wouldn't show. I didn't want to make it look like I was super excited, which I wasn't. Who would want to hang out with a Mudblood, Gryffindor, and Weasley's friend? Not me. I just didn't want to be alone on Christmas after being thrown out of my own house.

    The halls were elegantly lit. Gold lights illuminated every corner and small decorations were placed ever so perfectly. Green and red tinsel was strung across the armor stands and spherical ornaments hung off of them from metal hooks. What was normally just a hall was transformed into a beautiful Christmas scene.

    As I approached the Great Hall, nearly an hour after I'd planned to be there, I saw Hermione weeping against the doors to enter. I froze, unsure of what to do, and stared. There were very little things that made Hermione Granger look ugly, but snot dripping from her nose wasn't what I woke up for so early.

    "Granger? A-are you okay?" I asked nervously.

    "Oh!" she exclaimed. "You're here!"

    I laughed a little at her enthusiasm. "It seems you were very eager to see me. Have you been looking forward to this?" I mocked.

    Hermione's face fell. "W-well, I guess I... I woke up early for you. I broke a rule for you and then I thought I'd been set up. I thought you were the type of person who would just lie. The kind of person who likes watching people suffer."

    "I would appear to be that person, wouldn't I?" I said.

    Hermione nodded. "If you don't mind, I'm getting hungry. How about we grab some food?" she suggested, starting to push the large door behind her open.

    "No, no," I said. "We've wasted so much time already. What we should do is just go down to the dungeon."

    "But I'm hungry, Malfoy," she whined.

    "Yeah, yeah," I teased. "Can you wait a little before you stuff yourself. I don't want you to turn into the little Weasel."

    "Fine."

    I motioned to Hermione to follow me, and she obeyed. Such a crazy idea, Draco. Why are you taking her down to your room? So stupid, I thought. There wasn't anything I could do about it now.

    "So... I know you have a password to get into your common room. How are you going to get in without me figuring it out?" she questioned.

    I thought for a minute and decided not to answer. "How do you know we a have a password? Do all of the houses have one?"

    Hermione laughed slightly. "No, actually, but Gryffindor has one as well."

    "How do you get into the other common rooms, then, if there's not a password?" I asked.