Ron (Part 3)

I'd been holed up in my room for four days. The only colors I could recognize were red and gold, the Gryffindor colors. Oh, white too, but that's not a color. If I've learned anything from Hermione, it's that.

    My trunk lay open at the foot of my bed. Notes scattered around on top of the clothes I hadn't touched for days. Most of them, according to Harry, were from Gryffindor house members, but there was the occasional Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, and there was only one from a Slytherin. He was a first year and apparently didn't realize there was a rivalry between our houses.

    Next to me, my bedside table was covered in candy wrappers. Mostly chocolate frogs. They were my favorite. Hermione's too. I'd gotten many different cards, mostly repeats of what I'd already had. Some of them were Artemisia Lufkin, Ignatia Wildsmith, Miranda Goshawk, and Helga Hufflepuff. I did get a new one, though. According to the card, Alberic Grunnion was the inventor of the Dungbomb.

    I decided I'd have to tell Hermione this, thinking she'd get a laugh out of it. Then I remembered we weren't speaking to each other. I remembered the whole reason why I hadn't left my room.

    I'd been brutally embarrassed after getting rejected by her and I was sure she'd told everyone about how much of an idiot I was with Harry.

    I could imagine it. The fire glowing red and gold, everyone gathered around my two best friends. They would take turns talking about all of the "rash decisions" I'd ever made. Then Hermione, in detail, would explain to everyone, that I asked her, begging on my knees to go out with her, and when I refused, I ran away crying like a baby.

    My thoughts were interrupted by someone coming in the room. I looked up.

    "Hey Ron," Neville said. "Why don't you come down into the common room?"

    I shook my head.

    "Why? Everyone is down there. Your brothers, Fred and George, smuggled food from the kitchen and added their joke recipes in the pile. It's a swell game, really. Everyone has to guess which one is safe and which one isn't. I saw Dean turn into a dog. He started flipping over the tables and licking Seamus. I wonder if there's something going on between them."

    I shook my head again.

    Neville said, "Please, Ron? I'll owe you. Neither Hermione or Harry are down there, Dean's still a dog, and I need a friend to go with me!"

    I slowly and reluctantly got up.

    "Way to go, Ron!" Neville cheered.

    As I slowly got to my feet, the room got fuzzy and started spinning, streaks of gold and red passing by. I fell back onto the bed.

    "Ron! Oh, Ron! Are you okay?" Neville asked.

    "Y-yeah," I said, my voice cracking from being silent except for crying.

    I tried to stand back up again, but slowly. Neville ran over to help me. The room didn't spin. I was okay.

    "Let me just... change my clothes."

    I pulled my undershirt over my head, feeling slimy and gross. I wished I could've had a shower first, but Neville seemed excited to get back down to the party. As I looked through my trunk, pushing piles of notes to each side, I finally found a semi-decent shirt to wear.

    "Alright, let's go," I said, warily turning back to Neville.

    We walked down to the common room in silence, I could feel his excitement for getting me out of bed. Others had tried, and Harry told me there was a bet on it. Whoever could get me out of bed would get four Galleons. I also knew Neville wanted to find out why I was in my bed for four days straight.

    The common room was more crowded than I expected it to be. Tables upon tables were lined with food. There were appetizers, main courses, and desserts.

A group of sixth years were eating treacle tarts, suddenly walked over to girls and started kissing them. Some were appalled by this, but some obviously enjoyed it.

"Ron! You're out of bed!" George shouted running over to me.

His twin brother Fred ran over as well. "Oh, no! I wanted those Galleons!" He plugged his nose. "My dear brother, Ron! You are in need of a shower!"

George instantly plugged his nose, too.

"Let us know when you've cleaned up a bit and we'll talk to you again," George said, his voice nasally.

I hung my head low, not ready to meet anyones eyes.

"Ron, are you okay?" I heard Neville ask as we passed the fire, making our way towards the food.

I took a deep breath and said, "Yes."

When we reached the food, Neville grabbed a glass of Butterbeer. We walked over by the fire and sat down in red chairs with golden tassels hanging down on each side.

"So... I guess I'll just break the ice already," Neville said a little nervous. "Why have you been in your room for so long?"

I looked up, expecting to see Harry and Hermione since he brought it up, but they were nowhere to be seen.

"Neville," I said getting worried, "do you know where Hermione and Harry are?"

    Nevilles large eyes stared at me. "Uh-no. They left right before I came up to get you. They said they had some business to get to and they'd be back later."

    My hands got clammy and room started spinning again. "Neville, the reason I've been in our room for so long... well, see... the thing is... I really like Hermione and-"

    "Oh that's great, Ron!" Neville shouted interrupting me.

    I sighed. "Actually, no. It isn't. I asked her out the other day and she said she used to like me and that she likes another boy now. Guess where she is right now? Kissing Harry in a broom closet down the hall!"

    "No-no. Hermione wouldn't do that to you," Neville said.

    I started crying again. Once again, I ran past Seamus and Dean kissing without acknowledging it. There would be time for that later, but I needed to be alone.

____________________________________________________________________

A/N

Thanks for reading and all of your feedback! Please share. Once again... I'm apologizing to any/all Romione fans. I hope you find that I'm improving *seriously crossing my fingers here* Thanks for helping!

All of the chocolate frog card names are actual names witches and wizards could find on a chocolate frog card. Did you know Alberic Grunnion created the Dungbomb?