Ron (Part 5)

"Malfoy?" I asked stunned. "You picked Malfoy over me?"

    Hermione fidgeted with a button on her robes, clearly nervous. "It would appear that way, yes."

    I shook my head. "'Appears that way' could mean a lot of things, Hermione. Are my eyes deceiving me?"

    Hermione said, "No. I don't think they are."

    She stood up and brushed off her robes, checking for lint. She got up to leave.

    "Hermione?" I called.

    She looked back. "Yes, Ron?"

    I started crying. "I-I'm not over you."

    A look of pity gleamed in Hermione's eyes. She looked at me, opened her mouth, closed it, and walked up to her room.

    I turned around to face Harry, tears silently streaming down my face. Harry walked over and hugged me.

    "You knew?" I asked.

    "Yeah," he sighed, leaning.

    Seamus walked over and said, "For only being friends, you two do a lot of hugging."

    He winked at Harry and started walking away.

    "Stop!" Harry yelled.

    He pulled his fist back and punched Seamus in the nose. Seamus's hands immediately cupped his nose. Within seconds, his hands were bright red. I looked at Harry, confused.

    "What was that for, mate?" Seamus called as Dean started pulling him away and up onto one of the scarlet couches.

    Harry's eyes just glowed with anger. "Don't!" he said.

    I pulled Harry up into our room.

    "Harry!" I said. "Why'd you do that?"

    Harry just walked over to his bed and sat down. Now he was the one crying.

    "I-If I tell you, you'll be mad. You won't talk to me anymore. I-I just can't handle it," Harry sighed.

    "Hey," I said reassuringly, "no matter what, you'll be going to the Burrow with me for Christmas!"

    "Wait!" Harry said, excited. "Christmas is tomorrow! I'll tell you then!"

    Neville walked into the common room. "Did you see Seamus?" he asked. "He said someone punched him."

    "Yeah, something like that," Harry said, laughing.

    We went back down and Harry apologized with full sympathy.

"So," I said, "what were you going to tell me Harry?"

    We were sitting in the sixth car on the Hogwarts Express riding back to the Burrow for Christmas. The car had red walls, black seats, and only the two of us occupying it.

    Harry didn't answer, so I said, "Look, I'm going to make you tell me. If you don't want other people to hear, you better just tell me now!"

    "F-fine!" Harry said.

    Just then the door opened.

    "Anything from the trolley, dears?" the witch asked.

    "No," I grumbled. "I've some food from Hogsmeade."

    Harry's face lit up. "Yes! I want... chocolate frogs! And Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans! And..."

    "Harry," I said sternly.

    "Fine, that's all," he said.

    He received his items, and we ate in silence. After about ten minutes, I pried more.

    "So, Harry..." I said. "Wasn't there something you wanted to tell me?"

    Seamus and Dean burst into the car. Simultaneously, the shouted, "Tell him! Tell him! Tell him!"

Harry grumbled something inaudible.

"Come on, man," said Dean. "If you tell Ron your secret, Seamus and I will share one of ours!"

"Fine!" he snapped. "So... Ron... you know how... This is so hard!"

I sat down next to him and patted him on the back. "Take a deep breath and let it out."

Harry smiled. "Do you remember exactly what Seamus said yesterday before I punched him?"

"I said, "'For only being friends, you two do a lot of hugging,'" Seamus cheered from across the room.

"Yeah," Harry said. "Well... I guess I told Seamus and Dean this after they... well... I'll let them tell you later. Seamus was trying to get me to say that I... Ron," he got quiet. "Ron, I like you. I can't even remember how long it's been, but every second seeing you want to be with Hermione is agony. I want you, Ron. I-"

"Yeah, Harry!" Seamus and Dean shouted.

Dean cleared his throat. "And now for our secret!"

Seamus said, "I've been itching to tell you, Ron. Obviously, Harry already knows. Oh... what about Neville. We'll have to tell him, I suppose."

"Anyway," Dean cut in. "Seamus and I've been dating for about a month now!"

    I turned to Harry. "Harry... what am I supposed to say?"

"To Seamus and Dean?" he asked.

"No! To you!"

"I guess..." Harry sighed. "I guess you could say, 'I love you, Harry.'"

I felt my face getting hot. "I-I don't... I... Harry, how did you expect me to take this news?"

"Better than you did, obviously!" Harry yelled, as he stormed out of the car.

Seamus and Dean left quickly after. "We're going to find an empty car. You know... to... you know," they'd said.

I was left by myself. Alone. I was scared of having to share a room with Harry, now. Hermione would be at Hogwarts. I guess I'd have to help Fred and George.

_________________________________________

A/N

So... I've been doing this instead of my homework! Yay! Thank goodness there's probably going to be no school tomorrow.

Comment something random. Or what you think will happen between Harry and Ron at the Burrow. Or who else you think is staying at Hogwarts besides Hermione.

Thanks again for reading!