I smiled and nodded my head. "Yes, ma'am."

"Good. Now I'm assuming that Brett wants to be alone?"

I nodded my head again.

"Then go up and give him some company. Nobody likes being alone...not even when they sound like they do. Now go."

"I'm already gone.". I chuckled. I walked back into the house and back upstairs to Brett, who was still laying face down on the bed. "Brett, you're gonna suffocate yourself." I joked.

He whined and rolled over on his back. He held out his arms, gesturing for me to lay down next to him. I did, and he wrapped his arms around me and held me close. "I have a headache." he complained.

"Then lets get your mind off tomorrow."

"Good idea. How about we tell eachother stuff we don't already know about eachother."

"Ok. You go first.". I agreed.

"Hmm....well...when I was younger, I had a Spiderman shirt that I refused to take off for a week." he chuckled. "I even showered in that shirt. Eventually I took it off, but then my mom ruined it in the wash. I didn't talk to her for a whole two weeks".

I laughed. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. Spiderman is the man! I will always honor Spiderman even when I'm like 100 years old. Your turn."

"Hmm...I don't think there's anything that you don't know about me."

"Really? You don't have any deep dark secrets, or what about hidden talents?"

"Well, I sort of have a hidden talent." I admitted.

"Tell me."

"I love to sing."

"Sing? You never struck me as a singer."

"Because I'm not. I never said I was a good singer. I love singing, but I'm probably the worst singer in the world."

"That probably isn't true. Sing for me. I'll judge whether you're good or bad."

I shook my head. "No. I will NEVER sing in front of anyone ever."

He gave me the puppy dog face. "Pleeeeeaaaaaase?"

"No."

"Why not?" he pouted.

"Because."

"Because why?" he asked, starting to tickled my stomach.

"Don't you dare." I warned.

"Then tell me."

"I...I don't know."

He started tickling me even more I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably. I tried to get away, but he climbed on top of me and straddled me down. "That isn't an answer and you know it. Now give me a real reason and I'll stop tickling you.".

"Ok! Ok! Just stop!" I begged.

The tickling ceased. "Alright. I'm listening."

I took a minute to regain my normal breathing. "I have stage fright."

"Liar." he teases.

"I'm not lying."

"Are you sure? Because when you made out with Spencer back at Whitefield in front of hundreds of students, that didn't seem to scare you."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Fine. I'm scared of what people will say or what people might think. I don't want to get hurt again, Brett. I've been embarrassed enough in my life and I've suffered too much. "

"Babe, you don't have to feel embarrassed in front of me. And I would never think or say anything bad about you."

"I know, but still. I...I'm just not confident enough."

"Then let's build up that confidence."

"No, Brett. Just trust me on this. I'm the worst singer in the universe and no one besides me will ever hear me sing."

"But-"

"No buts. Let's just leave it at that. And to make it up to you I'll tell you something else about myself.........I love Batman more than Spiderman."

Brett gasped and jumped off me, looking at me with wide eyes. "You take that back."

"What? Batman has the bat-mobile and that's a pretty damn cool car...plus he has the best costume! And what does Spiderman have? A red white and blue body suit and can shoot webs out of his wrist...disgusting!"

"At least Spiderman doesn't need a sidekick to make him look tougher!" he retalliated.

"At least Batman knows that someone always has his back!"

"Spiderman's independent and doesn't need help from anyone."

"He's part spider. Batman is all man."

"Psh...a man who wears a bat costume."

I glared at him. "I am going to go help your mother in the garden. You can stay here and think about how Batman is better than Spiderman.". I crossed my arms and stomped towards the door.

"Never!". He ran towards me, grabbed me, and pulled me back down on the bed. "WE are going to think together....about how Spiderman is better than Batman."

"Batman's better."

"Spiderman."

"Bat."

"Spider."

"Bat!"

"Spider!"

"Spider!!"

"Batman is beter and THAT is final.". He said.

"Ha! I knew it!!". I replied, laughing.

His eyes widened. "I did NOT mean that! You tricked me! That's not fair."

"You said it. You can't take back what you said."

"Ughh.... Go help mom in the garden."

"No...I think I'll stay here and talk about how cool BATMAN is."

"Says my girlfriend who's laying ontop of Spiderman.". He replied smugly with a smirk.

I jumped off the bed and saw Spiderman blankets. "We need to get Batman blankets.". I said, walking out of the bedroom.

"Batman does not step foot in this room!". He called after me.

I rolled my eyes and went back out to the garden. I wonder what would happen if he found out that I was kidding about loving Batman.....Spiderman's the BEST!! At least I took his mind off of tomorrow :)