Chapter 1

Jade groaned as the cold liquid slithered smoothly down her throat. The sun was setting softly over the beach house in Manly. Jade was lucky enough to have shared ownership of a private stretch of white sand for a backyard, along with the other two beach-houses to the left of her. Her body lazily sat on the edge of the decking, her feet on the warm, wooden step that led her down to the sand. A small smile stretched across her tan skin as she sighed in appreciation of the beauty she owned. She'd been in Australia for a little over two years, travelling back to the UK for special occasions such as her grandmother's 80th and the birth of her niece, Amelia however the only visitors she had the pleasure of entertaining so far were her mother and her best friends, Jesy, Perrie and Leigh-Anne. The four of them had previously been a worldwide sensational girl group, however hitting 30 years old, they'd gone their separate ways. Two years on found Jesy being divorced for nearly 6 months, Perrie still single and Leigh with a doting partner. They'd made a point of visiting her many times however for the first time she was finally going to be having all three stay together with her within the next 24 hours.

The glass of white wine made its way to her stomach and she soon found herself yawning as the moonlight shone over the shore, lapping up the now barely visible rays from the September sun. She made her way inside the house, deciding to double check the spare bedroom for faults before tidying her bedroom, changing her sheets and sticking them to wash, ready to put out to dry in the morning.

"Poopy!" Jesy cried through the crowd as they waded through the mass of strangers trying to reach their girl. Jade found herself giggling. They might all be in their early thirties but not a single one of them looked it, especially right now as energy burst from the four of them. She chuckled to herself as she watched Jesy and Leigh leave a tired looking Perrie to traipse behind them at snail pace. Jesy made it to her first, engulfing her tightly in her arms.

"I know I was here in March but 6 months is too long," Jesy cooed as she took in Jade's radiance. Jade soon moved her to let Leigh have a hug before finally Perrie too.

"Well you're here for six weeks of fun, so don't you worry. Now let's get these cases somehow in the car and head back to mine, yeah?" She asked them, rhetorically.

"Jadey, I'm tired..."

Perrie's bottom lip jutted out and Jade smiled a soft smile, her eyes looking on dotingly at her younger friend. She took her suitcase handle for her and found her spare hand taking the hand that had previously been pulling the case along as they walked to the exit. Her thumb grazed Perrie's and she bumped her with her shoulder.

"Well baba, it's only 6.30am. We can take a nap when we get home. I have to warn you though, you're in with me like old times. I thought Jess and Leigh wouldn't mind sharing and I knew you'd be happy to be in with me like old times..."

Perrie's grin widened and she nodded, satisfied with Jade's proposition and plan.

After what felt like a lifetime, the women pulled up to the sun rising, shining against the front of the house and elegantly defining the beauty of it. Jesy helped Jade take the bags inside while Leigh woke Perrie from the back of the car.

"Right, I need to nap and I'm sure the three of you could use a power surge too so upstairs to bed ladies. We'll get the cases up later..."

Jade ushered them up to the rooms, making sure Leigh and Jesy were happy in the guest room before Perrie slowly followed her to her bedroom. She pulled the thin sheet back and giggled as the blonde thumped down onto the bed.

"I've missed you, Jadey..."

"I've missed you too, Pez. It has been a year..."

Jade climbed on next to the cobalt-blue eyed woman, moving her golden hair from her perfectly chiselled cheekbones.