I'm Here

This picture I love it, but it breaks my heart ah!

Roman was being his normal fabulous self as he fixed his appearance in the full length mirror of his room in Thomas' mind. With the last few straightenings of his usual prince attire he turned around and headed out the door into the main living area of the house.

It was quiet, Morality and Logic were off doing who knows what, and Anxiety... well he didn't exactly know what he was doing, but he wasn't making any noise all the same.

Prince sighed. He didn't like the quiet. It always sounded so... lonely.

Just as he was about to get a Disney movie to put in the DVD player for some noise, there was a crash in the nearby bathroom. One that resembled the shattering of glass. He quickly walked over knocking on the door but getting no response, so taking a chance he opened the door and stepped in.

"Anxiety?" Prince widened his eyes in worry.

Anxiety was on the floor in the dark bathroom, the mirror shattered, and the fragments of the glass scattered around him. The boy's eyes were as wide as saucers, and he was almost gasping for breath. He was desperately trying to pick up the pieces of glass with his shaky hands.

"I-I-I'm sorry... it was an a-accident, I p-promise. I-I'll clean it up." He stuttered out seeming to be desperately trying to keep any sort of grip on his emotions. "I-I'm sorry!" He suddenly seemed to loose it and practically burst into tears. He sucked in a few breaths as tears started to leak from his eyes and roll down his face.

"Anxiety it's okay. Just get away from the glass." Roman sprung into action walking over to the boy quickly and helping him stand.

This wasn't the first time he'd witnessed one of Anxiety's attacks, but this was by far one of the worst ones he'd seen...

"Come on." Prince gently led him away from the mess grabbing the first-aid kit from the closet before bringing him into the living room. He moved over to the couch sitting him down, and then joining him.

He frowned when anxiety wasn't calming down. He was shaking immensely now, squeezing his eyes shut like he was trying to block anything out, but it didn't seem to be working.

"Breathe anxiety, you're safe. Give me your hands." Prince gently took his hands making sure not to startle him. He cringed slightly at the bloody mess.

From the looks of it it seemed like Anxiety hand used his fists to punch the mirror, therefore shattering it.

Roman opened the kit and carefully started to clean and wrap the wounds. "There you go." He said as he finished and cleaned up a bit. Anxiety still hadn't calmed however. "What's wrong?"

"I'm so pathetic..." anxiety muttered. "I ruin everything."

"No you don't." Prince placed a hand on his shoulder in comfort.

"Don't lie!" He shouted at the fanciful side, letting his emotions get the better off him. Of course Roman knew not to take it to heart. "I'm useless... a disgrace... a burden..."

"Shh. Anxiety no you aren't you know this isn't really you talking. It's the attack just try and breathe." Prince scooted closer putting an arm around him, doing all he knew how to try and calm him.

"Maybe it isn't... but if it's true I know everyone will hate me... " anxiety started to tremble more. "I-I'm so s-scared."

"I know I know... it's okay." Roman pulled Anxiety into his lap hugging him tightly. "But none of what you just said is ever going to be true. I'm right here... I'll always be right here for you."

"B-but what if you start hating me t-too?" Anxiety's small voice quivered like even the thought of what he just said was enough to push him off the edge, his breathing didn't calm.

"That's never going to happen." Roman rubbed circles on Anxiety's back.

Finally he started to calm and his violent hyperventilating type cry, turned to only small tears and sniffles. "Why do you always try and help me when stuff like this happens? We argue all the time, but when you see me having an attack you're always so kind and gentle... why? What do you gain?"

"Why..?" Roman repeated his question back quietly seeming confused as to why it was asked. He then brought his lips to kiss Anxiety's temple sweetly. "Because I care about you that's why..."

Anxiety blushed, but then curled up into Prince, taking deep breaths, and grabbing his hand. He yawned.

"You should get some sleep..." prince suggested knowing how exhausted he always was after having his emotions be in full on shock mode.

"Mm..." anxiety mumbled some sort of reply, but it seemed like he was already letting his fatigue take over him.

Prince smiled at the cute scene.

Just as Roman thought Anxiety had finally fallen asleep he whispered something. "Thanks Princey..."

Prince smiled. "You're welcome Anxiety, sweet dreams."

And he fell asleep.

~Extra: After an Attack~

Anxiety woke up sometime later and was confused to find himself lying on top of a sleeping Prince. He then remembered what happened and pulled the blanket, which he assumed Morality placed over them when he got home, up more.

His head was resting on Roman's chest so he closed his eyes again listening to his heartbeat. He also breathed in his scent, letting it fill him with comfort.

When prince shifted he opened his eyes again looking back up to his face.

"Greetings..." prince yawned drowsily. "Anxiety."

"Hi..." he trailed off in response. They both then slowly sat up, anxiety rubbing his eyes. "I'm probably a mess, right?"

Roman cupped his cheek in one hand using his thumb to wipe away a few excess tears. He then leaned in and kissed his forehead. "You're beautiful..."

Anxiety felt his cheeks warm and he looked over to the floor. "God, do you have to be so sappy..?" He grumbled.

The valiant man just chuckled in response. "You hungry?"

"Yeah, a little." Anxiety replied simply.

"So am I, I shall prepare us something." Roman carefully took the other's bandaged hand and pulled him off the couch them walking into the kitchen together.

Anxiety felt a small smile grace his lips as he watched Roman gather the things to cook. I may not say it out loud often... he thought, but I care about you too Roman...

Hey guys, daw! XD a mixture of angst and fluff because sometimes you just need a little bit of both! XD I hope you enjoyed this one, and yes I am working on a logicality oneshot as well as like three more Prinxiety ones so don't worry lol. Vote and comment, bye!
            ~Hannah😋