Chapter 11: Zane's Discovery: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"The Spirit is what told you about the comet." Chaud tells me, and I nod, making the connection that she is talking about the tenticle that practically harassed us when we first found out about it.

I hear something come down the slide, and the waterfall beside me starts to shimmer. "Hello old friend. Good to be back, aye?" I whisper, and the waterfall shimmers again. Foot steps make their way up the small stair case, and the waterfall shifts so it's almost leaning towards the noise. The waves of the moon pool crashes softly in the direction of the noise too.

Zane enters the place he ruined, and he looks around in awe that it looks better then ever. It takes so much in me to not go up to him and punch the daylights out of him. His eyes scan the room, and when they land on me, I smirk, before it turns into a scowl. "Rikki-"

"Have fun." I growl, and that's all it takes for the Spirit to come out of the water fall, wrap itself around Zane, and push him into the water. He surfaces from the unexpected swim, sputtering out water, though when he tries to get out, the water wraps around hin in the pool, keeping him motionless.

Chaud comes into the room, formed as a giant lizard, and I smile at her, earning her to give her own smirk at me, before coming up beside me and rubs her head against my leg.

"Wow, um, why are you petting a man eating lizard? I know we haven't been on speaking terms in a while, but I don't think that's enough time to make that big of a lizard domestic." Zane speaks up, and from my perpectual vision I see him try to wriggle out of the waters hold, but it's completely useless. I ignore him though, and bend down to run my hand over Chaud's head and back, earning some sort of purr.

"Go scare him a little." I tell her, and with a nod, she walks towards the pool, with me following behind her. I sit on the edge of the pool, and watch as Chaud slips her way into the water and starts to swim around Zane, earning a satisfying squeak. "Wow, I would not want to be in your position." I chuckle, wathing in amusement as Chaud nips at his clothes.

"Rikki, please, I know I probably deserve this but I don't want to be eaten by your pet!" He yells at me, which leads to Chaud hissing in his ear. "And how are you controlling the water? That's Cleo's power, not yours!"

"I'm not controlling the water. You seem to forget that this place is magical." "Chaud, does the Spirit have a name?" I tell Zane, though Chaud answers my unspoken question. "Aqua here is just mad that you destroyed him. We had to fix him up, as well as the rest of the pool. But you could see that. Now, what are you here?" I ask, drumming my fingers on my thigh.

"No reason. Actually, I would like to go now!" Zane shouts, leaning his head away from my supposed domestic lizard. I clench my hand, watching the water sizzle as I start to warm it. "Rikki, please."

"Why did you come?!" I shout, clenching my hand more then nessecary, earning a cry of pain. Chaud stops circling him when she feels the heat of the water. Swimming towards me, she frantically yells in my head.

"Rikki, stop! Your boiling him alive! Rikki!" She nudges my leg, and when I see the red water burn marks on his hands and neck forming, I gasp, unflinching my hand to bring a hand to my mouth.

"I went to far! Chaud, what do I do?!" I scream.

"Have Aqua pull him out. Your about to learn a new power!" She replies, and I quickly tell Aqua to put him on the ledge, his legs dangling in the water. I didn't realize that I knocked him out. "Put your palm on his chest with your fingers flat and spread out, then imagine him loosing the burns." She instructs, and I do as told. When I see the burns fading away, I block out her voice just to concentrate on healing him.

When I see the burns completely gone, I lift my hand off his chest and cup his cheek, telling him to wake up. "Zane, you better wake up. I didn't mean to, okay? I didn't mean to. I'm hurt, and I took it out on you way to much. Wake up before I.. I, um" I notice my vision going blurry, and feeling sick to my gut. I can't sit up strait and I notice that I'm falling towards the pool. I hear a muffled voice, and I know it's Zane waking up, but I feel myself falling into the water and sinking to the bottom.

A/N

Hey, another update! As you saw, this is part one of this chapter. I noticed that I was writing alot, with so much more to do, so I'm splitting it up. Oh yeah, and your welcome for leaving a cliff hanger!

I would also like to dedicate this chapter to horsesarelife17 for recommending to make a chapter like this and then help me plan it out. I would have the dedication on the top under the chapter name, but I don't know how to do it right now. The next chapter is coming soon, so I'll talk to you all later!

I'll be back, Chrissy