Chapter 21

Chapter 21 – I know that already, idiot

"Are you planning to confess?" I looked at her as if she had just heard the weirdest thing ever. "What? Why are you giving me that look?" Daisy asked and I took a sip from my drink. "There is no one to confess to" I stated. "Don't kid with me. You are aware of the fact that we only have one week left until school is over, right? After that, we will all go separate ways, not knowing whether we will meet again or not. You shouldn't waste your time."

"I think that this blue dress will suit you," I said getting off-topic, as I showed her a dress. She took it from me and examined it and gave me a nod of approval after she had placed the dress in the basket, where other dresses, she might buy, were too. "I think I should go to the trial room and try these on," she said and soon, I was left alone in the almost empty shop.

Maybe, she was right. "I like this one the most" Daisy said as she suddenly appeared. She was wearing the same dress I had recommended to her and I was glad that she had appeared and brought me out of my unnecessary thoughts. "You should buy that" I suggested. After that, she bought her dress and we started to walk back home. "Don't you want to buy one too?" she wondered and I shook my head. "I already have something to wear. Anyway, I have to take the bus now. See you"

Somehow, I felt bored. I don't know why, but I want to do something exciting. My revenge will take place on the prom night, so I don't have anything to do for a week.

As I was strolling through the supermarket, I noticed that I had run out of pasta at home. I walked to the pasta section and I saw Jonghyun was there too, busy examining the various kind of pasta. "This will taste the best," I said and pointed to a certain pack of noodles. His attention adverted to me and he nodded, picking up that packet.

"What are you doing here?" I wondered as we walked to the cashier. "I wanted to cook something" he explained. We paid the friendly cashier and started walking towards our apartments. "Do you feel bored too? I mean we just a week left, we should do something" Jonghyun voiced. I felt like he had just read my mind.

By now we were in front of our main doors. "Let's get some ice cream," he said. "Fine. Let me drop this in the kitchen first" I agreed. I quickly placed the food in the kitchen and walked outside to see that he had also put his belongings in his apartment and was waiting for me while being occupied with his phone. "Let's go"

As soon as we reached the shop, which was near our homes, we ordered our ice creams. "I think this the shop sells better ice cream than the shop near our school," I said after I had tasted it. "I heard that a new shop has opened near here too" I added.

It was really crowded and the few workers were running around, serving the customers and cleaning the empty tables. Not only did they sell ice cream, but also pastries and other sweet items. "Really? Let's go there next time" Next time. Right, when there is a next time. As long as I remember, you'll be gone after a week.

"From where should we get workers right now?" I looked over and saw that a man in a similar code dress as the other workers, probably the boss, was scolding his worker. "I am sorry. My siblings got ill suddenly, they will be back tomorrow" He sighed and looked at him irritated. "Um, excuse me, I could work"

The boss, the young worker, and Jonghyun looked at me, who had just stated that. "You?" Jonghyun said shocked. "Why not?" I said and looked at the man, waiting for his answer. "I could substitute the missing worker until they come back" Well, I was bored anyway; something new won't hurt. "If you could, that would be great"

"Fine," I said and stood up. "Ha Neul, show her how to do everything here" he ordered. "Wait" Jonghyun stopped. "I'll work too"

Ten minutes later, after having changed into the same attire as Ha Neul, the worker, we listened to the instructions he gave. "Inside of that drawer is the key for the storage. Actually, the lock of the door isn't working well. You can open it without any problem, but you must use the key to open the door from the inside. So beware, don't forget to take the key with you." He explained. "You may start working now"