Chapter 11

Chapter 11 – Tell me everything you couldn't tell me before

"Get out!" she screamed. She roughly grabbed my hair and pushed me out of the house. "Don't come back for the time being" she said and slammed the door shut. I slowly stood up, dusted my clothes and fixed my hair with an emotionless expression. The habit of crying was long gone.

"Thank you for the great birthday gift," I said as I looked at the sky, talking to no one particular. Sighing, I roamed around, not knowing where to go until I stopped by my school. Since I had nowhere to go, I might as well spend the night in my classroom.

8-B.

I sat on my desk and buried my head in my arms. I stayed in that position for a long time until I heard some movements coming from outside. Suddenly, the door opened and a middle-aged man entered. "Mina, I was looking for you"

-

"Get away from me!" I said hysterically as I pushed Jonghyun's head away from mine. "Geez, why is there such a ruckus in the morning?" he whispered as he rubbed his head, his eyes still closed. "Why am I here?" I asked and stood up. "You fell asleep here yesterday" he explained.

I rushed to the bathroom and closed the door. "I knew it, I knew it! It was a bad idea and he will just wreck my life by staying here" I said as I splashed water on my face. "Maybe it is still not too late to kick him out"

"You know that I can hear you?" he said from the living room and I sighed. After wiping my face with a towel, I went outside to make breakfast. Unfortunately, I won't be able to avoid him today since it was Saturday thus we didn't have any school. So now I was standing in the kitchen and Jonghyun was looking at me from the living room, making it obvious that he was staring at me, but I just shrugged it off.

But then it suddenly hit me: today was just not a normal day. "Don't think about it" he said as if he knew what was going on in my mind. How can I not think about it? It was the day when I witnessed something terrific to the person I most cared about.

"I said don't think about it" he repeated. "Do you think it's that easy?" I asked. "I didn't mean it like that," he said and I looked over at the stove to see that the food was already burnt. I threw it away and started anew as I hummed to Unni's favorite song. "It's finished" I announced and both of us ate on the dining table silently.

"Do you..." Jonghyun asked as I looked at him. "Do you want to do something after visiting her grave?" he asked. "Well, I don't have anything what I particularly would like to do. Do you want to do something?" I asked back. "Not really" he replied and we continued to eat.

After that both of us got ready and after we finished, both of us walked outside. "Where are you going?" he asked. "To the bus stop" I replied looking confused. There is no other way to reach our destination. "You do know that I have a car?" he asked. "Seriously? Since when do you have a license?" I asked surprised. "That was the first thing I did after turning eighteen"

Both of us walked to a white shining Lamborghini, making the other cars look dull. "This is yours?" I asked astonished. "Yeah," he replied and sat inside. "You have been thrown out of your house and work part time while owning a Lamborghini?" I asked amused and he just shrugged.

The grave was outside of Seoul, so it took us more than an hour to get there. Unni loved the nature, it made her feel free, so I made sure that it was located where she would definitely feel comfortable. So here I was, standing in front of Unni as I put the flowers on her grave and closed my eyes.

Unni, how are you doing? A lot has happened and I've somehow made some new friends, even though I wouldn't really call them close to me. You see this guy next to me? His name is Jonghyun and he is slowly starting to grow on me. I said slowly, so don't misunderstand. Anyway, I hope you can forgive me for not being able to do anything for you.

Soon, I opened my eyes and looked at my side to see Jonghyun standing next to me, his eyes still closed. Next to the grave was a bench and I walked there and sat down, waiting for him to finish.

Astonishingly, he kept standing there for five whole minutes. As soon as he finished, he walked towards me and sat down too. "What took you so long?" I asked curious. "I was just having a decent conversation with her," he said casually. "Oh really? What did you say?" I questioned. "Well, I shared my thoughts on you with her," he said and I couldn't help but laugh.

"How can you be so bad-mannered?" I heard. I didn't need to look who it was since I recognized the voice in a blink of an eye. "It's your Hina's death anniversary and here you are, smiling and laughing with him. If you don't remember, she didn't have an ordinary death, she was raped and murdered" venom spat from Aunt's mouth as she looked at us heatedly. I could see Jonghyun's eyes widen at that, he didn't know that fact.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. If I think about it, I usually cry my eyes out on this day. Back then, I never cried, except for this day and the following days, I would be too depressed to go to school hence eat. This year was different.

"Do you really think that her sister would be happy to see her miserable?" Jonghyun asked her and she looked at him shocked. "How dare you talk like that to an elder? Show some respect!"

"Moreover, who are you to talk about respect? I know more than enough about you to know that you don't deserve any" he said and stood up. "Let's go," he said and grabbed my hand. "Oh and don't spend too much time here since Hina wouldn't really appreciate seeing your face" she gasped at that and Jonghyun walked away with me.

He walked and walked and I was sure that like me, he didn't know where he was heading too. "You can let go of my hand now" I pointed out and he suddenly let go of it. "Oh sorry," he said. "Do you know where we are?" he asked looking confused.

Well, after that I started laughing like there was no tomorrow. "Why are you laughing?" he asked and I tried to relax so that I can answer him. "That was so good. Did you see her face?" I asked after I finally said. "Oh, you mean that," he said and smiled. After regaining myself, I straightened my back and looked at him with a serious look. "Thank you for helping me whenever I feel hopeless"

"Geez, that's nothing to thank for," he said goofily and slung his arms around my shoulder. "You never get rid of this habit," I said and shrugged his arms off. "Anyway, we should find out where we are" I suggested and looked around. It was getting dark and it seemed like we had entered some sort of forest. "Let's just keep walking backward, we might get out of here," he said.

Silently, we walked on the endless road while Jonghyun hummed to an unknown song. "What happened to her exactly?" he asked. I looked at him and wondered if I should tell him. Strangely, I felt completely fine with telling him and he knew almost everything anyway.

"I lost my parents when I was five, in a car accident. Unni always took care of me, she never let me feel lonely, but by the time I was eleven she started to get harassed by a delinquent of the university. One day, he arrived at our house, dunk." I said and paused. I don't think that I need to explain any further, he was smart enough to figure out himself and I don't think I could carry on with the story.

I stood still and he stood still. I was kind of glad that he was a few steps behind me, so he couldn't see tears escaping my eyes. Suddenly I felt Jonghyun's arms wrap around me and his head resting my shoulder. "Tell me everything you couldn't tell me before"

For some minutes, we kept still, while I cried.

End of Chapter 11

I want to thank my chingus who have been supporting my story for a long time now!